Thread: Is there room for CO2 in target/competition pistol shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by urban winter View Post
    Rohm are good. I shot 530/600 with my Rohm before I bought my Steyr and I've only shot 542/600 with my Steyr. I really don't know what people have against them.

U.
    Interesting but people do seem to have a down on Rohm, thank you for your views

I and several other Steyr shooters got slaughtered at 25 meters by a bloke with a Czechoslovak Co2 , 5 shot capsule filled gun.Precision and rapid fire no one got near him.Unsure of the make.Likely he could have done it with BB's but the weapon certainly didnt hold him back.....

Quote Originally Posted by craig9mm View Post
    I and several other Steyr shooters got slaughtered at 25 meters by a bloke with a Czechoslovak Co2 , 5 shot capsule filled gun.Precision and rapid fire no one got near him.Unsure of the make.Likely he could have done it with BB's but the weapon certainly didnt hold him back.....
    I bet that was the Drulov DU-10 cheap and cheerful nothing special they say but apparently a sound gun especially for rapid fire. Never seen one secondhand if i did i would try my best and sell my sole to buy one.

Drulov isnt czeck. Its russian iirc. And its 8 shot, not 5.
    Probably an older Aeron pistol. B96?
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Drulov isnt czeck. Its russian iirc. And its 8 shot, not 5.
    Probably an older Aeron pistol. B96?
    Opps i got the country wrong sorry but that model is a 5 shot i quote from pyramydair.com

"DRULOV DU-10 Air Pistol
    This is an incredible .177 caliber five shot semi-automatic CO2 pistol designed specifically for 10 meter competitive target shooting.
    Can be powered either by 12 g powerlet or bulk fill"

DRULOV DU-10 and CO2 in general.

I have a Drulov DU-10 that I bought from new, and on the barrel it is clearly stamped "MADE IN CZECH REPUBLIC".

I love the bolt action ( reminds me of my first bolt action single shot .22 rimfire target pistol - also made by DRULOV).

My DU-10 pistol came with a good shaped "target grip", but I also bought an optional anatomical grip with adjustable handshelf and it is a well made pistol that works well as a single shot precision target pistol or as a fast 5 shot repeater.

It is not as good for my 10 meter score card as my TAU 7 Match, FWB Model 2 ,FWB C10, FWB C20 or FWB C25.

What's the connection? ....well they are all CO2 powered, and with the right person holding the pistol grip they are all capable of acheiving very high scores, and most can outshoot the shooter ( see the test cards they come with), so there is not much wrong with CO2 target pistols.

I am not against PCP in any way - I am saving to buy a new FWB 44 to complete my FWB pistol collection, and I will probably need to sell my DRULOV and TAU 7 Match ( as well as my FAS 604 and boxed Webley Hurricane and Typhoon) to help pay for it, but I am defending the choice of CO2 for use as a good indoor target pistol.

It is possible to buy a s/h Feinwerkbau or Walther CO2 match pistol for a very reasonable price and they can compete against the best of the PCP match pistols at most levels - and certainly at club level.

PCP cost more to buy, and for most of us that makes all the difference - but the score card may not show ANY difference, and your concentration and arm muscles will be in better shape after a 60 shot competiton than with the alternative budget choice (a springer like the 604) - so go CO2 if want to and and enjoy your target shooting.
    Last edited by zooma; 23-05-2011 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Typo - corrected FWB model numbers
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I have a Drulov DU-10 that I bought from new, and on the barrel it is clearly stamped "MADE IN CZECH REPUBLIC".

I love the bolt action ( reminds me of my first bolt action single shot .22 rimfire target pistol - also made by DRULOV).

My DU-10 pistol came with a good shaped "target grip", but I also bought an optional anatomical grip with adjustable handshelf and it is a well made pistol that works well as a single shot precision target pistol or as a fast 5 shot repeater.

It is not as good for my 10 meter score card as my TAU 7 Match, FWB LP2 ,FWB LP10 or FWB LP45.

What's the connection? ....well they are all CO2 powered, and with the right person holding the pistol grip they are all capable of acheiving very high scores, and most can outshoot the shooter ( see the test cards they come with), so there is not much wrong with CO2 target pistols.

I am not against PCP in any way - I am saving to buy a new FWB 44 to complete my FWB pistol collection, and I will probably need to sell my DRULOV and TAU 7 Match ( as well as my FAS 604 and boxed Webley Hurricane and Typhoon) to help pay for it, but I am defending the choice of CO2 for use as a good indoor target pistol.

It is possible to buy a s/h Feinwerkbau or Walther CO2 match pistol for a very reasonable price and they can compete against the best of the PCP match pistols at most levels - and certainly at club level.

PCP cost more to buy, and for most of us that makes all the difference - but the score card may not show ANY difference, and your concentration and arm muscles will be in better shape after a 60 shot competiton than with the alternative budget choice (a springer like the 604) - so go CO2 if want to and and enjoy your target shooting.
    I have a Fas AP604 (love it) now but i will get a CO2 for rapid 5 sooner rather then later. Not sure which one to get but Drulov DU-10 was on the list among others but never seen one come up a Rohm Twinmaster Active came up for £180 but people keep telling me they are not too good, anyway i missed it.
    Thank you for the information on the Drulov DU-10 i thought i had read it was Czech but could not say for sure.
    we do what we do because we like it