Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there room for CO2 in target/competition pistol shooting

Quote Originally Posted by craig9mm View Post
    I and several other Steyr shooters got slaughtered at 25 meters by a bloke with a Czechoslovak Co2 , 5 shot capsule filled gun.Precision and rapid fire no one got near him.Unsure of the make.Likely he could have done it with BB's but the weapon certainly didnt hold him back.....
    I bet that was the Drulov DU-10 cheap and cheerful nothing special they say but apparently a sound gun especially for rapid fire. Never seen one secondhand if i did i would try my best and sell my sole to buy one.

Drulov isnt czeck. Its russian iirc. And its 8 shot, not 5.
    Probably an older Aeron pistol. B96?
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Drulov isnt czeck. Its russian iirc. And its 8 shot, not 5.
    Probably an older Aeron pistol. B96?
    Opps i got the country wrong sorry but that model is a 5 shot i quote from pyramydair.com

"DRULOV DU-10 Air Pistol
    This is an incredible .177 caliber five shot semi-automatic CO2 pistol designed specifically for 10 meter competitive target shooting.
    Can be powered either by 12 g powerlet or bulk fill"

DRULOV DU-10 and CO2 in general.

I have a Drulov DU-10 that I bought from new, and on the barrel it is clearly stamped "MADE IN CZECH REPUBLIC".

I love the bolt action ( reminds me of my first bolt action single shot .22 rimfire target pistol - also made by DRULOV).

My DU-10 pistol came with a good shaped "target grip", but I also bought an optional anatomical grip with adjustable handshelf and it is a well made pistol that works well as a single shot precision target pistol or as a fast 5 shot repeater.

It is not as good for my 10 meter score card as my TAU 7 Match, FWB Model 2 ,FWB C10, FWB C20 or FWB C25.

What's the connection? ....well they are all CO2 powered, and with the right person holding the pistol grip they are all capable of acheiving very high scores, and most can outshoot the shooter ( see the test cards they come with), so there is not much wrong with CO2 target pistols.

I am not against PCP in any way - I am saving to buy a new FWB 44 to complete my FWB pistol collection, and I will probably need to sell my DRULOV and TAU 7 Match ( as well as my FAS 604 and boxed Webley Hurricane and Typhoon) to help pay for it, but I am defending the choice of CO2 for use as a good indoor target pistol.

It is possible to buy a s/h Feinwerkbau or Walther CO2 match pistol for a very reasonable price and they can compete against the best of the PCP match pistols at most levels - and certainly at club level.

PCP cost more to buy, and for most of us that makes all the difference - but the score card may not show ANY difference, and your concentration and arm muscles will be in better shape after a 60 shot competiton than with the alternative budget choice (a springer like the 604) - so go CO2 if want to and and enjoy your target shooting.
    Last edited by zooma; 23-05-2011 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Typo - corrected FWB model numbers
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I have a Drulov DU-10 that I bought from new, and on the barrel it is clearly stamped "MADE IN CZECH REPUBLIC".

I love the bolt action ( reminds me of my first bolt action single shot .22 rimfire target pistol - also made by DRULOV).

My DU-10 pistol came with a good shaped "target grip", but I also bought an optional anatomical grip with adjustable handshelf and it is a well made pistol that works well as a single shot precision target pistol or as a fast 5 shot repeater.

It is not as good for my 10 meter score card as my TAU 7 Match, FWB LP2 ,FWB LP10 or FWB LP45.

What's the connection? ....well they are all CO2 powered, and with the right person holding the pistol grip they are all capable of acheiving very high scores, and most can outshoot the shooter ( see the test cards they come with), so there is not much wrong with CO2 target pistols.

I am not against PCP in any way - I am saving to buy a new FWB 44 to complete my FWB pistol collection, and I will probably need to sell my DRULOV and TAU 7 Match ( as well as my FAS 604 and boxed Webley Hurricane and Typhoon) to help pay for it, but I am defending the choice of CO2 for use as a good indoor target pistol.

It is possible to buy a s/h Feinwerkbau or Walther CO2 match pistol for a very reasonable price and they can compete against the best of the PCP match pistols at most levels - and certainly at club level.

PCP cost more to buy, and for most of us that makes all the difference - but the score card may not show ANY difference, and your concentration and arm muscles will be in better shape after a 60 shot competiton than with the alternative budget choice (a springer like the 604) - so go CO2 if want to and and enjoy your target shooting.
    I have a Fas AP604 (love it) now but i will get a CO2 for rapid 5 sooner rather then later. Not sure which one to get but Drulov DU-10 was on the list among others but never seen one come up a Rohm Twinmaster Active came up for £180 but people keep telling me they are not too good, anyway i missed it.
    Thank you for the information on the Drulov DU-10 i thought i had read it was Czech but could not say for sure.
    we do what we do because we like it

Having used Fein 65,Fas 604, and various Fein,Walther,Steyr,Morini Pistols My best pistol was a Feinwerkbau C2 managed 570+ on my best days and the only thing wrong was the guy holding the grip.
    It's all about how it feels in your hand, balance and trigger.
    The only draw back to Co2 is can you get your bottle filled near you.
    Enjoy your shooting
    Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Hi

Putting in bluntly - no.

Let me put this into context. I know there will be an army of ardent CO2 supporters on in a minute saying 'well the world record was held with a co2 pistol for x amount of years...' which may be true...true that is until PCP took over.

I have attended a few (!) competitions over the past few years and I will tell you how many co2 pistols I have seen being used - two. The main reason for this - cost and convenience - it is a pain in the bum coming off the range to change your co2 half way through a match, there being no objective method of checking how much 'air' you have in the capsule. I played around with a tau 7 a few months ago - lovely gun, deadly accurate but your only getting 60-70 shots out of the capsule - 60 shot match + sighters, your pushing the limits already.

If you are in the market for a pistol, then you have two choices - wait until something comes up or bite the bullet and get something half decent - by half decent I am not talking about the Rohms - trust me, I am not a big fan and I have my reasons.

Surrey guns have two fas604's for sale - they will do very nicely for a beginner, and in the right hands will shoot perfectly well.

Lee
    My Walther does 350+ shots on a fill. Is that enough for your 60 shot match?

3kg of CO2 cost me £80 including the cylinder; a 3kg refill is £10. The cylinder lives at home so I don't need to drive to a dive shop and pay silly money for air.

As for accuracy, MAYBE Mick Gault could tell the difference & then maybe he couldn't.

The rest of us would have no idea.

Anyone out there got a rubbish CO2 Steyr they want rid of, so they can keep up with the Joneses? I'm serious if the price is right.
    Last edited by derekm; 09-06-2011 at 10:24 AM.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Co2

yes there is a place for Co2 and its place is expelled from your lungs when you exhale.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    yes there is a place for Co2 and its place is expelled from your lungs when you exhale.
    Can you tell me how much experience you have of pistol shooting.

I have shot for over 30 years with various pistols, from air to full bore and the rubbish posted on here makes me wonder what your averages are and what division do you shoot in.

I still use Co2 and a 604 is hard work, plus to cock one safely you do need to move your feet, which does not help.

If you want to shoot PCP good for you but why knock anyone else's choice.

the rubbish on here really does make me wonder.

if you want to see what the best shooters on earth are using just type in 10 meter pistol into youtube and watch any international / olympic / commonwealth final. Nobody uses co2 anymore.

yes I know your dodgy old czech pistol probably shoots better than me but that kind of fusty old thinking is what is holding back young shooters in this country. take a fresh new look at your sport and you might realise that old men shooting in the county leagues are currently knocking out the sort of scores that infants in germany are shooting in the junior bundesligia.

After all a 1980 Austin Allegro will stick get you to Tesco for the weekly shop, how many can you count in the car park?

Move on.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    After all a 1980 Austin Allegro will still get you to Tesco for the weekly shop, how many can you count in the car park?

Move on.
    I must admit to finding this refreshingly funny!....after sorting the spelling!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    the rubbish on here really does make me wonder.

if you want to see what the best shooters on earth are using just type in 10 meter pistol into youtube and watch any international / olympic / commonwealth final. Nobody uses co2 anymore.

yes I know your dodgy old czech pistol probably shoots better than me but that kind of fusty old thinking is what is holding back young shooters in this country. take a fresh new look at your sport and you might realise that old men shooting in the county leagues are currently knocking out the sort of scores that infants in germany are shooting in the junior bundesligia.

After all a 1980 Austin Allegro will stick get you to Tesco for the weekly shop, how many can you count in the car park?

Move on.
    What he said

Lee
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

I dont think you realise that these are austere times and if the economic situation doesnt improved soon then we will need to go back to basics. CO2 may be too modern at the end of the day and it might be time to start using springers again. Not those extravigant recoiless ones either, a Webley Mk1, Senior or even Tempest will do fine.

Mmmm, now whos taking the p**s?

I don't mind moving on, but let the individual decide what to shoot. Shooting springer's would be a good idea, but in a class of their own.

The cost today puts a lot of people off and I cannot see shooting getting any favours off the Government, look at the Olympics fiasco.

How many world class shooters does Britain have?

And what type of facilities do other countries have compared to us, you can only get out what you put in and the infrastructure in the U.K. just does not encourage people to shoot.

My local club is run by a committee stuck in the dark ages, which is why I shoot a lot more clays than pellets.

By the way Allegros were crap.