Thread: Weihrauch HW100T K, FSB or non FSB

Vermin Al is offline Some say, ..... 4,000fps is enough

Weihrauch HW100T K, FSB or non FSB

I'm after a PCP in 0.177 for tree shooting magpies and rooks. I'm looking at the Weihrauch HW100T K but am unsure whether to get the shrouded or non-shrouded barrel.

Any advice would be welcome.
    Al

Hw100

I have a non FSB HW100, it's quiet, very quiet with the standard moderator. I have used one with a FSB, it also is quite but just not as quiet as the "standard" moderator version. That said the FSB model does look very nice!

Hi mate,

I've had both fsb and standard, both carbines. The standard 100 with moderator is quieter than the FSB. I currently have the FSB version with a moderator fitted and that is unbelievably quiet as you, in effect have 2 silencers - it's adds some length to the gun but not much, it looks fantastic aswell. No matter which 100 you go for you'll love it as it's a fantastic piece of kit.

Atb
    John
    I love shooting but I cant shoot for sh*t..

Thanks. Just thought of a couple more questions.

Are there any differences in the barrel, ie is the FSB barrel the same diameter or skinnier ? Also, is there any possibility of corrosion to the barrel from the vented air back into the shrouded section and, lastly, is the accuracy the same ?
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by Vermin Al View Post
    Thanks. Just thought of a couple more questions.

Are there any differences in the barrel, ie is the FSB barrel the same diameter or skinnier ? Also, is there any possibility of corrosion to the barrel from the vented air back into the shrouded section and, lastly, is the accuracy the same ?
    Mine will put pellet on pellet at 30 yards no problem, as did my none shrouded version (from a bipod of course) as they say the gun is more accurate than the shooter! I'm not 100% on the barrel question but I'm assuming it's the same size barrel with a shroud over. I'm also never heard of the air corroding the barrel, I can't see it been a problem but if anyone knows any different please speak up.

Atb
    John
    I love shooting but I cant shoot for sh*t..

The vented air comment refers to moisture in compressed air being sent back down the shroud and the possibility of it rusting the barrel underneath the shroud.

A solution would be to remove the shroud and wipe the barrel with a oiled cloth on a regular basis.

HTH

Paul
    Rivington Riflemen
    Steyr LG110 Hunting .177 / Daystate Air Ranger .177 / Daystate Huntsman mk2 .22 / Theoben Rapid 7 mk2 .22 / AA TX200HC .177

Many thanks for the info'.
    Al

I would imagine if you were using 'dry air' from a scuba tank there wouldn't be much of a problem. That said, I'm not sure how 'dry' this air is and a wipe over with an oily rag has got to be a good idea anyway.

I have a .22, will also put pellet on pellet at 30m

ATB

.22LR CZ452; .22 Hornet CZ527
    Tikka T3 Varmint .223; .204 Ruger CZ527 Varmint;
    6.5 Creed Bergara B14 HMR

with the FSB it is about 2-3" longer which allows a full length cylinder to be fitted
    without fouling the silencer for extra shots

without a silencer fitted it's perfectly usable in the field but very quiet with the extra mod

fsb

when I take the shroud off my FSB the barrel has a fine coating of what I believe is lead dust just as you get in the moderator if you strip it .never had any signs of the onset of rust and mine has had a couple of good soakings .(I do strip it and let it dry then oil it) but never found any significant amount of damp under the shroud .I also run mine with a moderator, very quiet.
    regards steve
    AIR ARMS PROSPORT .177 , MTC VIPER 4x16x50 :cool, HW100T.177, MTC VIPER 10x40. :cool, HW 100 FSB CARBINE .177 MTC viper 10x40 , HW 100 FSB CARBINE .22 MTC viper 10x40 , XS TH78D .22 Hawk varmint 11.