Thread: Buxted Open 30 UKAHFT 08.05.11

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex

Buxted Open 30 UKAHFT 08.05.11

As above 8am put out 9am start. Any one welcome.

Andy

Bit of a calendar clash with the Oaks pointed out to me by old Spongepussy himself so will have to play at home this Sunday.
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    I'll be there on Sunday and I'll be down the club on Thursday with moolah for membership sub.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Re 8th Hobbit Shoot

Jonathon and I will be there Sunday.

See you there
    "If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room!."

Buxted Open 30 UKAHFT 08.05.11

Pity, clashes with the Iden Ferns Open too.
    The 8th seems to be a very popular day for competitions.
    Oh decisions decisions
    Bruce

I doubt I will be around the next couple of weekends due to the car water pump bearing howling.

Parts ordered but I doubt I will get them in time to do it this weekend,( and I am not sure about taking the timing gear off and on ) so I will have to give Club and Ford SIHFT a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by bunny bopper View Post
    I doubt I will be around the next couple of weekends due to the car water pump bearing howling.

Parts ordered but I doubt I will get them in time to do it this weekend,( and I am not sure about taking the timing gear off and on ) so I will have to give Club and Ford SIHFT a miss.
    Petrol is pretty easy John as there are usually 2 or 3 marks, one on the top pulley/s & one on the bottom, either that or find TDC & mark the pullies & something close in line to make it easy for you to re-time, you shouldn't move alot changing the water pump but sometimes the top pulley will move a tooth or two, as I say thats on petrol lumps, not sure if deisel is different as never done one.
    I'd give a hand but I'm moving this weekend mate.

The Scores on the doors Buxted 8th May

Ben Davis open 56
    Nigel Buchan open 56
    Sam Robinson open 54
    Steve Buckley open 54
    Andy Simpson open 53
    Ben Lomas recoil 52
    Duncan Pitvethly open 50
    Richard Gallop open 50
    Rob Simpson open 50
    Jason Wells recoil 47
    Gary Morrison open 46
    Leigh Pavey open 38
    Oscar Pitvethly open 29

Good shoot enjoyed the day well done to Ben.
    "If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room!."

Well done ' Buxted Ben ' !

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Ben.......?.....That's not THE Ben?...(short stumpy walks upright with a limp??)...If so.....

BLEDDY well done maistro...mr ELITE...eerrr, OH not so tall one, not going to get over that easilly (long way)...
    Ben well done!

Auntiekisskiss XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Thank you Nigel for putting me before you (not strictly alphabetical but I'll forgive you).

Thanks to Nigel & Rob for the company. Most enjoyable time. Rob, it's not natural to shoot better kneeling than prone. 'Tis the work of be'elzebub, I tell you.

Thanks Dave & Mike; The short, stumpy, limpy Hobbit can't believe it either (or the fact that 56 is my new PB).

A well deserved one, i think you are one to watch!
    Not for the shooting, just for a laugh......

Nice to see you trouncing them 'Big boys'...Did Simmmmy shoot?..(I'l have a scout down the bottom of the list!)....

Good fun today eh?
    Couldn't see half the targets at our's, flaming grass forcedsome back breaking stuff, or kneelers!..Need them Milk machines to do the mowing!...

XX Roll on Ford...PAYBACK!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    XX Roll on Ford...PAYBACK!
    mmh. Lining yourself up for another big fall Spongeypuss. A few of the boys are starting to punch their weight so I think we will increase our lead yet again.

See you on the concrete.

Monkey
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Hey-bloody well done Ben-excellent

For those of you viewing in glorious technicolour (Black and white rules supreme in the Shire), young Ben () is blessed with a back and struggles like hell with prone shots-I imagine he took a fair few kneeling and standing.

Nice one Ben
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Thank you Graham. By the way, and only to clarify, I've got a gouty knee which was messing up going prone. The gout has since bought itself some property in my left ankle and has recently caused a <expletive deleted> load of pain. On the plus side, despite taking bucket loads of painkillers for the gout's 'moving in party' in my ankle (the party lasted about 1 1/2 weeks), I have somehow gone 'cold turkey/de-toxed' and am now Co-codomol free. Just the odd Paracetamol. Strange. Even my dodgy 'kidney stoned' kidney isn't bothering me. Double strange.

A 60 would be nice sometime in the future but for now my main goal is scoring well enough to contribute to the Buxted team score at a SiHFT shoot. Hey, a 36 year old bloke can dream. Ok, ok, maybe I'll settle for Pippa Middleton or Kari Byron.

Hang on a second, Black & White in the Shire??!! How very dare you..... I will admit that Polegate, the town I work in, was one of the very last places in the U.K. to get Broadband and will be amongst the last places for the digital switchover and is still waiting for this new fangled invention called 'fire' and, I suspect, is still Pagan (Edward Woodward came to a sticky end in Polegate but that's another story) though.

Thanks again Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by MojoCrow View Post
    Thank you Graham. By the way, and only to clarify, I've got a gouty knee which was messing up going prone. The gout has since bought itself some property in my left ankle and has recently caused a <expletive deleted> load of pain. On the plus side, despite taking bucket loads of painkillers for the gout's 'moving in party' in my ankle (the party lasted about 1 1/2 weeks), I have somehow gone 'cold turkey/de-toxed' and am now Co-codomol free. Just the odd Paracetamol. Strange. Even my dodgy 'kidney stoned' kidney isn't bothering me. Double strange.

A 60 would be nice sometime in the future but for now my main goal is scoring well enough to contribute to the Buxted team score at a SiHFT shoot. Hey, a 36 year old bloke can dream. Ok, ok, maybe I'll settle for Pippa Middleton or Kari Byron.

Hang on a second, Black & White in the Shire??!! How very dare you..... I will admit that Polegate, the town I work in, was one of the very last places in the U.K. to get Broadband and will be amongst the last places for the digital switchover and is still waiting for this new fangled invention called 'fire' and, I suspect, is still Pagan (Edward Woodward came to a sticky end in Polegate but that's another story) though.

Thanks again Graham.
    Nothing to add
    Brilliant
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter