Thread: webley junior/premier

webley junior/premier

Hi I am looking for an old webley premier or junior as my son is doing pistol shooting as part of triathlon and its a good excuse to buy something collectable for him to shoot with. I have seen some juniors on a dealers website that look very nice at £125 that are not boxed. Is this excessive or the going rate? I am new to pistols - never owned one but would like on to go with my service air rifle. Any thoughts gratefully received.

Thanks

If you don't need a boxed example, then there are plenty of Juniors available either through here or at arms fairs that can be had from about £60-£80 in good shootable condition. I have 5 ( don't ask! ) and bought the last one last october at an arms fair for £70 and it's a nice little shooter as well as being desirable.
    Stay away from the tin grip/early ones unless buying purely as a collectable. In my opinion, the models from the 50'-60's era are the nicest and the later mk11 junior/plastic coated, out of character for your Service rifle.
    All juniors were .177, Premiers in both .177 and .22.
    Premiers tend to fetch a bit more but might not suit, depending on arm strength etc.
    Search 'collectables' for both and you should find quite a few recent items offered. No idea if any are still available though.
    Hope this helps
    Carl.

Webley Pistol

Hi
    webley Tempest £70 posted?
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-(-Price-drop-)
    Jim

got to be .177

Hi thanks for the link but for the triathlon it has to be .177 hence I was thinking about a junior.

Cheers

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by wsmk2 View Post
    Hi I am looking for an old webley premier or junior as my son is doing pistol shooting as part of triathlon and its a good excuse to buy something collectable for him to shoot with. I have seen some juniors on a dealers website that look very nice at £125 that are not boxed. Is this excessive or the going rate? I am new to pistols - never owned one but would like on to go with my service air rifle. Any thoughts gratefully received.

Thanks
    As you dont need a brilliant looking one, you should be able to pick up a working one off here for £45-£55 mark. Any more than that and they dont seem to sell. Airgunner .177 makes wooden grips for them as well.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

can I put a wanted add on here?

Am I able to put a wanted add on here for a good working/good condition webley junior pistol or do I have to post under the wanted header?

Cheers

I've got a post-war Birmingham4 Webley Senior in .177 which has been previously "loved,"
    ie not mint condition but perfectly shootable.
    Drop me a line if you'd like it - reckon £65 posted would be fine for me...

Hi can I see a pic as I would like one to go with my service air rifle i.e. as suggested just post war up until the 60s - bit like this one http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Air-Pistols...e-gs26499.aspx

Cheers

Certainly, here it is -

Hi great offer - whilst I will bear this one in mind I would like to hold out for a slightly earlier one with the plum finish that matches my service air rifle. Appreciate the offer though - trying to kill two birds with one stone by getting something he can practice with and adding something to my collection.

Cheers

Hi, you do realize that the prewar juniors are smoothbore, I would have thought that if it has to be a Junior the later MK2 would be better because of the improved accuracy with its rifled barrel...Dave...

Im still learning about these pistols - the link I posted isn't that a post war pistol of 50/60s vintage and would that not be rifled?

Eddiekneejerk

Hi - is the senior barrel rifled?

Still in two minds about what to do and if the earlier plum pistols are less accurate at 7 metres than a rifled later pistol ? No point in getting an earlier one if my son wont be able to hit a barn door with it....

Senior barrels are rifled

Junior barrels aren't

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

All Webley Seniors are rifled. Even though the Juniors are not they should still be quite accurate at 7 metres. You should find that both the Seniors and Juniors are far more accurate than most of the modern muli-shot CO2 pistols that are sold today.

As for which to get for your son to shoot. I would go with the one that fits best in his hand and is the right weight for him. That is going to make far more difference at short range than rifling will.

Also remember that if you look after it you will always get your money back when it is time to sell it. This means that if his hands are small you can get a Webley Junior now and then sell it on and get a Senior later when he has grown, without financial penalty.

Matt
    My Club: http://www.wendoverarc.co.uk
    Rifles: Air Arms S400 - Air Arms TX200HC - Webley MkII Service Rifle - BSA Imp Model D
    Pistols: Webley Seniors - Webley Juniors - Beretta 92FS - Cobra Crossbow