Thread: 100 yrd zeroing

100 yrd zeroing

Decided to step up one of my rifles for long range at my local club. Is there away to zero a scope at say 30 yards bit for 100 yards. I assume that you would have to get the cross hairs on a black dot but get the pellet to hit a certain amout below that. And if the zero is at 100 yards were is the first point at which the cross hairs and pellet meet.

Thanks inadvance

Going to need a lot more info on your set up before anyone can give you rough secondary zeros... Buy yes , its possible to a certain degree

Or simply use Chairgun !
    Making waves since 1971.

Going to be using a logun s16 .22 with an ags 3-9x42

Just a guess but would the pellet be impacting above a 30yd zero to drop back onto the aimpoint at 100yds? ( Assuming sub 12ft lb ). Good luck anyway CG.

torrens

Quote Originally Posted by torrens View Post
    Just a guess but would the pellet be impacting above a 30yd zero to drop back onto the aimpoint at 100yds? ( Assuming sub 12ft lb ). Good luck anyway CG.

torrens
    yeah , just a bit... maybe 4 foot or so
    Making waves since 1971.

Nah, only 3ft with .22, 4ft would be with .25.....

torrens

According to chairgun if you zero at 30yards then you will need to aim 48" above the bulls eye or adjust your scope so your elevation is 4.18moa above your 30yard setting.

Though why would you want to zero at 30yards to shoot at 100? just zero to 100 otherwise your completely missing the point of zeroing. You wouldent zero your scope at 10yards to shoot 30 why do it with 100?

Also if you want to be doing this on a regular basis I would go over to a .177 as your drop is halfed over that distance.

yup, deffo a .177. you seen cubleycats video on you tube mate? havta say its kinda cool what that bird can do with a sub 12 hw100

Shooting at 100yds

Quote Originally Posted by craig_goswell View Post
    Decided to step up one of my rifles for long range at my local club. Is there away to zero a scope at say 30 yards bit for 100 yards. I assume that you would have to get the cross hairs on a black dot but get the pellet to hit a certain amout below that. And if the zero is at 100 yards were is the first point at which the cross hairs and pellet meet.

Thanks inadvance
    My AA400 is set up in the normal way for field target using mil dot aim off up to 60 yds just come farther down the dots till you get it right for 100 yds with my Busnell scope its before you get to the thick part of the post Me and my mate 12"punt (not every time) can hit dead 12 bore cartridges and coke cans are a piece of cake
    AA S400 BUSHNELL LEGEND 5-15
    WEBLEY LONGBOW LEGEND 5-15
    FALCON FN8 RAPTER RWG RED DOT

What you seem to be asking is at what distance is the first zero if the second zero is 100 yards. Chairgun seems to put it at around 2.5 yards! Best plan might seem to be to use one of the lower mildots to zero. I doubt the scope will make it on the crosshairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Guitars View Post
    According to chairgun if you zero at 30yards then you will need to aim 48" above the bulls eye or adjust your scope so your elevation is 4.18moa above your 30yard setting.
    You sure its not 41.8 MOA? as 4.18 MOA is just over 4" at 100 yards not 48"

I'm lucky to see that distance never mind shoot it.Jim.{Night Owl.