Thread: fwb 300s foresight tunnel - where to get one?

Question fwb 300s foresight tunnel - where to get one?

I have a rather old fwb 300s that needs a foresight tunnel.

This includes the sleeve that fits over the end of the barrel on which the foresight tunnel sits. I think the sleeve has a retaining pin across the bottom that fixes it to the barrel - I have this pin but no sleeve nor the foresight tunnel.

Any idea where I might be able to get a sleeve/tunnel foresight? Perhaps someone has a spare that they might sell? Or even a broken one that I might be able to mend?

Can anyone tell me if the tunnel detaches from the sleeve or is it all one piece?

Thanks in advance.

Neat, thanks for that link.

So there are 3 types of foresight - looks like the single piece unit (top in the diagram) and the 2 piece foresight (bottom) will probably fit my fwb 300.

Just noticed you can click on the image and get a close up.

http://www.waffencenter-gotha.de/sho...00S::2890.html

Looks like the 1 piece unit is actually in 2 parts, there seems to be a dovetail visible at the front.

You will probably get what you want from City Air Weapons at Solihull. Open Thurs Fri & Saturday 10am to 5pm. Telephone 01217421329.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Thanks for that suggestion - I gave them a call and was told they have one foresight unit in stock, £35 for the dovetailed sleeve and another £35 for the foresight tunnel. Way more than I want to spend!

I wonder if that place in Germany will ship to the UK...

Quote Originally Posted by Numb Nut View Post
    Thanks for that suggestion - I gave them a call and was told they have one foresight unit in stock, £35 for the dovetailed sleeve and another £35 for the foresight tunnel. Way more than I want to spend!

I wonder if that place in Germany will ship to the UK...
    That price doesn't sound excessive to me, but if Waffencentre Gotha has one cheaper I have heard they are used to shipping to the UK.

IIRC most FWB 300S come with the tunnel fixed to the sleeve. I think it's only the Universal model that comes with a dovetail so the front sight can be removed for running boar/scope use.

If all you want is the fixed sight you might get one cheaper somewhere else.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Good news - got a reply by email from waffencentre-gotha telling me that they will ship to the UK and accept paypal.

Thanks to everyone who gave advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Numb Nut View Post
    Good news - got a reply by email from waffencentre-gotha telling me that they will ship to the UK and accept paypal.

Thanks to everyone who gave advice.
    I use them all the time they are very good