Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 tins (almost) of proper Eley Wasps .22

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two

3 tins (almost) of proper Eley Wasps .22

I have 3 tins of proper Eley Wasps in .22. There are 2 full tins and one with just a few out.
    No longer have anything that needs these, so time to move them on.

Only looking for £40 posted for them.

Payment by Paypal or cash please.

Post on the thread and them pm me if you want them.

Pic here:
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...red/bsa004.jpg
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

edbear2 Guest
    Which postal service are you offering please?...ie. std parcel, or recorded?

Recorded delivery for everyone's piece of mind
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

edbear2 Guest
    Okeydokey, I will have these please, pm to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Okeydokey, I will have these please, pm to follow.
    In which case, sold pending payment.

3 more tins

Will the floorboards take it ????????
    Regars alan m.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by alan m View Post
    Will the floorboards take it ????????
    Regars alan m.
    ........These will be going downrange Alan..I have one BSA standard that for some reason (bore I suspect), shoots really well with these, but gets dispersion and the odd flyer with the Superdomes and H+N 5.54's that my other old .22's digest and are happy with. The difference is enough for me to stock up on these, and these and the couple of tins I already have should keep me going for ages.

Webley specials and Pylarms (wasps in a different tin) also go well through her, but are quite expensive to find, When you consider postage at a weight of close to 2KG packed, these were a fair price and the going rate of ones that pop up on 'that' site....but more and more infrequently these days it seems!

That said, the old Ikea coffee table needed some upgrade work on the drawer runners a while back.........on close inspection they were held on by maybe 6 panel pins.......now that would have been messy

What is the difference in the old type(original) and ones on sale now ?
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

old ones made properly
    new ones, load of cr#p

Once again - What is the difference , how do you tell them apart , do the different age
    tins have different markings ?
    I have several I have bought over the years , when did they change and how ?
    Is it the diameter , tolerances ,material - different lead mix ?
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    Once again - What is the difference , how do you tell them apart , do the different age
    tins have different markings ?
    I have several I have bought over the years , when did they change and how ?
    Is it the diameter , tolerances ,material - different lead mix ?
    Firstly, ELEY Wasp tins are marked 'ELEY WASP' on the tins. WASP are only marked 'WASP', are not the true Eley Wasp and shouldn't legally be advertised as such.
    If you compare the true Eley Wasp pellet and the Wasp pellet, the difference in quality is obvious.
    Eley Wasp pellets are also slightly larger in the skirt than most other brands and fit better in the older BSA's in particular.
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Thanks for the Info. herpquest , will check mine , I use them in my BSA rifles and seem
    to be good .

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    True 'Wasp' pellets were made by IMI.
    If they are not made by IMI, they are not "true" 'Wasp' pellets.

HTH.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Have a good look at the lids of the tins in the pic I first posted, if you compare that to the current Wasp lids, you should see the differences.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by paul4be View Post
    Have a good look at the lids of the tins in the pic I first posted, if you compare that to the current Wasp lids, you should see the differences.
    Yep, yours are 'true' Wasps!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!