Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can you lot help...

Sniper 296 Guest

can you lot help...

I am going to sell my S200T soon and if I get what I want for the bits etc I should get £350 in my pocket.

Now I know you get this all the time, but other than the AA S4*0 what other rifles are there that I can try out, and get a feel of with the same stats as the S4*0

The reason I ask is I know S400/S410 are really popular in the HFT session, but I wanted something with the same stats but something different.

I am not saying I don't want a AA just I wanna see what other choices you guys/girls might think I should give try first.

So what are your sudjestion?

Cheers

and sorry I know you get it all the time..

Mart

cottage in the gower in wales or in bartley green
    hi try a bsa hornet daystate x2, or logun all these guns compare with air arms , then its up to you
    Last edited by ninjazx6guyoo4; 27-01-2005 at 06:21 PM.

Daystate Harrier, not the X or X2.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

nice silver daystae harrier with crx stock in the for sale section, that gun is very accurate, see if he will sell the scope seperately

The obvious alternatives would be a Harrier and a Hornet but then there are also contenders from other makers such as Logun with its Solo or Gemini (if you are going used).

There are lots of choices in your price bracket, some used, some new.

I have had an S400, a Harrier X and a Hornet, all rifle length, all in 0.177.

I couldn't get on with the Harrier so it went to a good home, the S400 was utterly superb for me but I swopped it for an offer I couldn't refuse (Venom tuned TX200SR) and I now have the rifle length Hornet (tuned by Mr B). The Hornet is promising but the basic stock is pants (for me), it's too weedy at the front, too much wood where my thumb and palm go and the cheekpiece is too low, but it has got a sweet trigger and a very dead firing cycle.

As to the stock, well Mr Scott may be helping me out on that one soon.

Basic advice is as ever the best - go and try them, if it doen't fit / suit you there is no point in buying one. Given the capability of most modern PCP's (and springers) a 'bad' one that suits you will be much better for you than a 'good' gun that doesn't.

If you want to compete in HFT then you 'may' need to uprade your scope.

Just my opinions of course.
    I play a Fender bass, I shoot a springer. I like things to be, well, dependable

Sniper 296 Guest
    IMO my airmax is better than my simmons that I have on the vulcan! and I get along with the Airmax fine.

I don't like the hornet due to the cocking mach, any one got any pics of the daystate harrier?

one with a crx stock in this link
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php?t=53134

I didn't like the cocking mech until I tried it, then I found it's actually quite good, and very safe indeed.

But it horses for courses so here ya go;

http://www.daystate.co.uk/harrier.htm

Sniper 296 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryPotter
    I didn't like the cocking mech until I tried it, then I found it's actually quite good, and very safe indeed.

But it horses for courses so here ya go;

http://www.daystate.co.uk/harrier.htm
    I like the harrier SE but I can't afford it

Thats ok, cause they don't make them anymore

You can get them used but Harriers don't come up for sale that often as they are very good guns.

Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Sniper 296 Guest
    its nice looking but what else is on the market that I can look at for £350 possabley £400

i'm sure the one in my link is an SE, like I KEEP saying, he might seperate and be flexible on price!

Sniper 296 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gazd2002
    i'm sure the one in my link is an SE, like I KEEP saying, he might seperate and be flexible on price!
    I don't like the stock

I don't like the hornet due to the cocking mach,[/QUOTE]

Cocking mech is unusual but don't discount it till you've tried one Mart superbly accurate you are welcome to try mine most people prefer it over my MFR

Regards Kev
    That was what i aimed for stupid