Thread: ROA conversion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tim56 View Post
    Thanks for the imfo folks.
    Roy, i have a Lyman peep hole site on my .44 1894 which screws into the holes already there on top of the reciever. Got it from Roger at South Yorkshire Shooting. Nicely made and adjustable for elevation and windage, cost about £35. His web site is www.rimfiremagic .co.uk if memory serves me correct. Getting back to the Ruger i see the one on Westlake web site is shown as .38 nitro so am assuming yours retained the std barrel and it was just a case of him making the new cylinder? Tim

Additional. Just looked again at the Westlake site and it does indeed say the new cylinder is made to your existing barrel.
    Hi All

Yes - I complicated things by referring to that photo - apologies

My nitro cylinder looks just like the two part cylinder in the second pic - it is a beautifully made thing !!

The rest of the gun is untouched/unchanged (original barrel etc) aside of when you pull the loading lever down - all the nitro proof details are revealed

Mmmm just like looking in a sweet shop window - now I have got the ROA to look at - I want to go shoot it !!

Roy
    Last edited by harricook; 12-05-2011 at 10:34 PM.