Thread: Anics A-2002 or a walther cp88, bit of advice if you could

Question Anics A-2002 or a walther cp88, bit of advice if you could

Can't decide which one to get and at the same time the anics is a bugger to find! am a rifle man, but after a nice day plinking on a 10m range a CO2 pistol is joining the collection
    Rabbits are very sneaky sneaky

Cool only a newbie

hi know if this will help but never used a Anics A-2002 but for the walther cp88 I bought this pistol about a month ago had looked at other co2 pistols some didn,t feel right in the hand or too plasticy you know what I mean next best thing to a water pistol.getting back to the cp88 I found it quite good on single shot you seem to go through a awfull lot of pellets.the only problem was I let the wife use it thats the last I saw of it for the rest of the day and she hates guns or did not now lovely pistol.hope this sheds some light on it

I have never seen that Anics,
    I doubt whether it is as good as the CP88.
    There are plenty of good SH 88s around and that would be the way I would go.

cheers people
    Rabbits are very sneaky sneaky

The A2002 Berkut is quite difficult to get hold of over here. It's almost the same with the A303 blackbird. There was an A2002 advertised on this site not too long ago which was recently sold. I own an Anics Blackbird and a Walther CP88. I found the CP88 a much easier friendly pistol to load and shoot. It's also very well made too. Feels like a real firearm.

The Blackbird although quite powerful has a pig of a trigger pull and although it's a 28 shot repeater. The stiffness of the trigger make it difficult to rapid fire the gun over a sustained period. Your fingers will soon stiffen up. It also take ages to load the pellets in the rotary magazine. You also need to use short skirted pellets to ensure that the magazine does not jam. The Anics A2002,A3000, A3003 and 9000s all have the same trigger stiffness and magazine jamming problems.

If you require reliability. I would opt for the CP88. The Anics is not to everyones taste. You either hate or like them.

I too have a cp88 have had for 10 years, it is a fantastic pistol. It is a well balanced pistol sitting well in the hand, trigger is reasonably crisp on single action on mine, though it has had the mechanism polished and lubricated. I have the 4" blue with the wooden grips, lovely pistol, will get a 4" nickel in due course. That's how good they are, a pleasure to own and shoot.
    Go for one you won't be disapointed.
    Anics, I have not heard a lot of good about them, but have heard plenty of bad.
    Mike.

Thumbs up Far be it from me...

While I dont like to slight any product or make this question is really a no brainer, The cp88 is a far superior gun. In my humble opinion the only thing that comes close is the Berretta 92fs and i'd still have the walther because of the better trigger action. Also have a look at the cp88 in nickel with wooden grips... OOOH sir... suits you sir