Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
I was going to get the wooden grips off that auction site (theres loads on there) originally but happened to mention I was after some while I was in the shop where they happened to have a pair.

They were in a very old Pachmayr box (No date on it but it must be decades old), not the original box but obviously stored in it once the original grips had been replaced.

To fit them to the pistol you need to remove a roughly 2mm deep channel from the inside of the grips thats about as wide as a 12g CO2 and about 30mm long. They have managed to keep the slim grip of the 1911 but the frame bulges into the grips slightly to accomodate the gas.

I just marked up the grips and then removed as much material as I could with an engraving tool in the dremel. I then changed this for a sanding attachment to clean it up and chamfered the bottom of the grips to fit the profile of the bulge without damaging them externally.

It took me about 5 or 6 minutes per grip.

EDIT : I haven't tried them but the spacing on the HW45 grips looks about the same, I beleive original 1911 grips fit the HW45 so its reasonable to assume that grips for a HW will fit the Tanfoglio.

Thanks for that .

I think I will have to order one now .

I only wish Pellpax had them because they send by courier to spare me the embarassment of having to collect from my RFD .

Obviously you pay for this service but its more direct and cheaper .

Carl.