Thread: Cybergun 1911 blow back

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    I like the sound of that and it might work with optics and accessories, but for airgun would fall foul of the VCRA unless the recipient was an RFD.
    Someone gets RFD to order group buy. RFD gives person the guns after receiving money. Person sends out guns to buyers "second hand".

Not sure if this even saves that much money this way or not, but it's the best thing I could think of.

I'd sure as hell would be interested in a group buy for one of these if such a thing was ever attempted however.

A group buy would need to be at a substantial discount to make it worth it in terms of the additional postage and potential serious chew if anyone's 1911 has to go back under warranty.

Still it can't hurt to ask the question of an RFD as to how many would cost what, and suss out a deal to be done?

Shall we all inquire locally to ourselves how many 10 would be and post the results?

Are these actually in the shops yet ?

I have not yet found them listed however v confusing with several different types including a cheap cybergun item with " Tanfoglio Witness " written on the side ( none blowback - none fieldstrip ?? )

Then you have plastic bb / metal bb variants . V confusing . However I see Mcavoys in Wigan have all the other cybergun models so might be a good start for me as almost within reasonable travel distance .

Agree with above comments : once the guns leave the shop they are secondhand and therefore not subject to the VCR and able to be posted - just like used guns on the BBS !
    Still it irks somewhat all this faff for a bb gun , what has happened to this country ??

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

Ah yes , Solware have them .

Want one now .

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

Mine is on the way according to my RFD.

I've just picked one up from Mcavoys, and set of original 1911 wooden grips. Awesome!

This is one very very nice pistol, how they can make something of such quality for such a price I don't know.

EDIT : Standard 1911 grips have the correct spacing for the screws but will need some material removed on the rear as the frame widens where the CO2 bulb goes. Shouldn't be too difficult for anyone with a dremel.
    Last edited by blooregard; 24-06-2011 at 04:17 PM.

OK, So grips are fitted, looks fantastic. Heres a quick little summary of my initial thoughts.

The hollow magazine, while looking a little strange, sounds a lot more like a real magazine when loaded. Its also the correct size and shape for the 1911.

The sound and feel of cocking are also very like the real thing. The finish is good though it is painted (its very like the ASG 8" Dan Wesson), however if it wears with use it will look very authentic on a 1911.

The trigger is a proper 1911 trigger, the grip safety works but is unobtrusive so you don't notice it (unless you try to decock the pistol with one hand), the slide release and safety are positive and move with a click (They also have the small detents to hold them in place).

The field strip is not exactly like the real thing but is as close as possible for a CO2 gun. The slide needs to be held as per the real 1911 to remove the slide release, the barrel lug also needs to be turned however I couldn't remove the barrel through the front of the pistol (this might be me though).

There is a "locked" breech so the barrel swings down in the correct way, there's even what looks like the locking lugs on the inside of the slide.

Can't wait to shoot it, I think I'll only be loading 7 rounds at a time to be authentic!! (I'm sad like that).

I think this is the best of the 1911s out there, we have a few to choose from now but this one is the only one that has all of the correct features and cycles in the same way. It also looks and feels the best by far and costs less than all of the other models (mine was £71, +£15 for the original 1911 grips).

I dont yet know how it shoots but to be honest its so good it doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    I've just picked one up from Mcavoys, and set of original 1911 wooden grips. Awesome!

This is one very very nice pistol, how they can make something of such quality for such a price I don't know.

EDIT : Standard 1911 grips have the correct spacing for the screws but will need some material removed on the rear as the frame widens where the CO2 bulb goes. Shouldn't be too difficult for anyone with a dremel.
    Excellent review there. Many thanks :-)