Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cybergun 1911 blow back

Ah yes , Solware have them .

Want one now .

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

Mine is on the way according to my RFD.

I've just picked one up from Mcavoys, and set of original 1911 wooden grips. Awesome!

This is one very very nice pistol, how they can make something of such quality for such a price I don't know.

EDIT : Standard 1911 grips have the correct spacing for the screws but will need some material removed on the rear as the frame widens where the CO2 bulb goes. Shouldn't be too difficult for anyone with a dremel.
    Last edited by blooregard; 24-06-2011 at 04:17 PM.

OK, So grips are fitted, looks fantastic. Heres a quick little summary of my initial thoughts.

The hollow magazine, while looking a little strange, sounds a lot more like a real magazine when loaded. Its also the correct size and shape for the 1911.

The sound and feel of cocking are also very like the real thing. The finish is good though it is painted (its very like the ASG 8" Dan Wesson), however if it wears with use it will look very authentic on a 1911.

The trigger is a proper 1911 trigger, the grip safety works but is unobtrusive so you don't notice it (unless you try to decock the pistol with one hand), the slide release and safety are positive and move with a click (They also have the small detents to hold them in place).

The field strip is not exactly like the real thing but is as close as possible for a CO2 gun. The slide needs to be held as per the real 1911 to remove the slide release, the barrel lug also needs to be turned however I couldn't remove the barrel through the front of the pistol (this might be me though).

There is a "locked" breech so the barrel swings down in the correct way, there's even what looks like the locking lugs on the inside of the slide.

Can't wait to shoot it, I think I'll only be loading 7 rounds at a time to be authentic!! (I'm sad like that).

I think this is the best of the 1911s out there, we have a few to choose from now but this one is the only one that has all of the correct features and cycles in the same way. It also looks and feels the best by far and costs less than all of the other models (mine was £71, +£15 for the original 1911 grips).

I dont yet know how it shoots but to be honest its so good it doesn't matter at all.

Howdid you get one for £71?! Can you buy another for that price and sell it on to me? I'm serious... If not, where did you get it please?

Mcavoys dude :

http://www.guns.gb.com/

THey aren't listed on the website yet as they came in at 11AM yesterday and I picked up the last one at 3PM. They are getting more in next week.

Awesome - will they be that price online do you know? I'm coming up to Wigan in August (got family there) so will contact them next week and get them to put one by for me - do you think they'll keep one that long for me if I pay them a deposit or something? Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehugger View Post
    Awesome - will they be that price online do you know? I'm coming up to Wigan in August (got family there) so will contact them next week and get them to put one by for me - do you think they'll keep one that long for me if I pay them a deposit or something? Cheers
    Hey dude, I dont know. They have always been very helpful and friendly with me as I am sure they are with all of their customers, give them a ring and see what they say.

Sorry to spam the thread but heres some pictures for those interested:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6445300...7627045702658/

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post

A little white wee just came out

Thanks for the pictures

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post

Likewise

I am loving the look with the wooden grips . Transforms it and gives it a touch of class .

Can I ask please , did you have any problems sourcing the wooden grips and could you give some clarification on how you got them to fit so well ?

I bet it also transforms the feel of the piece too . 1911s just have to wear wooden grips .

Looking forward to the next chapter when you actually fire it !!

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

I was going to get the wooden grips off that auction site (theres loads on there) originally but happened to mention I was after some while I was in the shop where they happened to have a pair.

They were in a very old Pachmayr box (No date on it but it must be decades old), not the original box but obviously stored in it once the original grips had been replaced.

To fit them to the pistol you need to remove a roughly 2mm deep channel from the inside of the grips thats about as wide as a 12g CO2 and about 30mm long. They have managed to keep the slim grip of the 1911 but the frame bulges into the grips slightly to accomodate the gas.

I just marked up the grips and then removed as much material as I could with an engraving tool in the dremel. I then changed this for a sanding attachment to clean it up and chamfered the bottom of the grips to fit the profile of the bulge without damaging them externally.

It took me about 5 or 6 minutes per grip.

EDIT : I haven't tried them but the spacing on the HW45 grips looks about the same, I beleive original 1911 grips fit the HW45 so its reasonable to assume that grips for a HW will fit the Tanfoglio.

Though it's a small price to bear for such a nice looking thing I've just noticed the "made in Taiwan" engraving on the r/h side of the slide - The KWC mark is tasteful and unobtrusive but for them to stick the "made in" right in the centre of the slide is annoying.

Definately, theres are many other places it could go and it could be a lot smaller than it is.

Rayee is offline I don't need a gun; I've got an attack butterfly.
    Just bought one of these for £95!
    Duty One, 177 BB, blowback.
    Made by ASG, loads of fun.
    Bought it from my local RFD, getairgun inside a petshop!
    Toilet trained since March