Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Cybergun 1911 blow back

I've been thinking about a Duty One for a while now, I really like the ASG stuff but I was after a more traditional 1911 so waited for the Cybergun which I've been druling over since this thread started.

I will probably get a Duty One as well, any excuse for a new toy! (though that may have to be put on hold if the Cybergun MP5 gets a UK release).

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    If your in Leeds and you drive then I bet you could drive to Mcavoys, buy the pistol, drive home and still be a tenner or so better off than most of the other suppliers.

OK, so did a bit of shooting before, Feels great and is about as accurate as the other Cybergun automatics I've shot. Averaging about 320 fps, nice kick with each shot, very smooth and the trigger is great.

Its exceptionally hot outside but I managed to get about 80 shots before it went full auto on me and dumped the gas out. It also didn't seem to rapidly cool like other automatics but this could be the ambient temperature.
    Thanks mate - your right they seem better priced than elsewhere at Mcavoys .

I used to drive over to Jeans Military memoirs in Lancs back in the day so it is do able . The M62 is always a nightmare esp through Manchester .

Its just a case of waiting until they get some in then ??

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

I was going to get the wooden grips off that auction site (theres loads on there) originally but happened to mention I was after some while I was in the shop where they happened to have a pair.

They were in a very old Pachmayr box (No date on it but it must be decades old), not the original box but obviously stored in it once the original grips had been replaced.

To fit them to the pistol you need to remove a roughly 2mm deep channel from the inside of the grips thats about as wide as a 12g CO2 and about 30mm long. They have managed to keep the slim grip of the 1911 but the frame bulges into the grips slightly to accomodate the gas.

I just marked up the grips and then removed as much material as I could with an engraving tool in the dremel. I then changed this for a sanding attachment to clean it up and chamfered the bottom of the grips to fit the profile of the bulge without damaging them externally.

It took me about 5 or 6 minutes per grip.

EDIT : I haven't tried them but the spacing on the HW45 grips looks about the same, I beleive original 1911 grips fit the HW45 so its reasonable to assume that grips for a HW will fit the Tanfoglio.

Thanks for that .

I think I will have to order one now .

I only wish Pellpax had them because they send by courier to spare me the embarassment of having to collect from my RFD .

Obviously you pay for this service but its more direct and cheaper .

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

If your in Leeds and you drive then I bet you could drive to Mcavoys, buy the pistol, drive home and still be a tenner or so better off than most of the other suppliers.

OK, so did a bit of shooting before, Feels great and is about as accurate as the other Cybergun automatics I've shot. Averaging about 320 fps, nice kick with each shot, very smooth and the trigger is great.

Its exceptionally hot outside but I managed to get about 80 shots before it went full auto on me and dumped the gas out. It also didn't seem to rapidly cool like other automatics but this could be the ambient temperature.

Hey dude, I dont know. They have always been very helpful and friendly with me as I am sure they are with all of their customers, give them a ring and see what they say.
    Cheers bud - have done so on Monday, and they rang back yesterday to say they'd had new stock in, confirmed the VERY good price of £71 for it, and with a £20 deposit over the phone, they have reserved me one for collection when I'm oop North next month - great service

Thanks foer the tip on where to go for this - most places are charging over a ton for one of these it seems...

Excellent stuff dude, you will never go wrong with Mcavoys in terms of service and price. Enjoy the 1911!

going to ring them tomorrow and do the same thing .

I wonder if they have any more 1911A1 grips too ?

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

Got mine from my RFD today.
    I arrived just as TNT left and so I was allowed to take it and pay later as he needs to work out the price!
    It is a very nice piece of kit and I will report on shooting later.
    Ex Military chaps in shop impressed with the looks of it and it certainly feels nice in the hand . Slimmer and a little lighter than the Umarex. Dan Wesson grey paint finish.
    Generally

I've just picked one up from Mcavoys, and set of original 1911 wooden grips. Awesome!

This is one very very nice pistol, how they can make something of such quality for such a price I don't know.

EDIT : Standard 1911 grips have the correct spacing for the screws but will need some material removed on the rear as the frame widens where the CO2 bulb goes. Shouldn't be too difficult for anyone with a dremel.
    Excellent review there. Many thanks :-)

Cybergun 1911

Just seen the review on Youtube. Thats what I've been waiting years for.

They are still not on McAvoys website.

Just finished my first shoot with the Tan 1911.
    Very good.
    Easy to load and operate. Shoots hard and with less clatter than the Sig X five.Nice blowback.
    It has a spin up system to aid accuracy which works.
    About 50 shots per capsule then locks open and all gas gone.
    I didnt miss a british standard bean can at 6 8 and 10 yards.
    On a 6 yard target 10 shots 5 in the bull the others a bit left.
    It is also an elegant pistol to shoot,slim and predictable.
    No paint wear yet unlike the X five.
    At under £100 a bargain and I will be getting another one just for display

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post

They are still not on McAvoys website.
    that's because they have none left (apart from those ordered and paid for) and are struggling to get more from cybergun - I was in there earlier talking to "the girls" about them. They let me have a look at one that was put away for someone else, very nice piece of kit, very well made. If you look at blooregards photos the gun itself is actually darker than in his pics, the "lightening" of the colour in the pics must be due to the flash, also the writing - especially the "made in taiwan" - isn't as pronounced as in the pics.

Still can't wait for the GSG 522, though there's no delivery date yet
    Last edited by spaspecker; 01-07-2011 at 09:31 PM.

Does anyone know if the 1911A1s are back in stock at Mcavoys yet ?

Is the only option to pre - order then ?

It seems they are immediately selling all the guns they get in ??

Carl.

BTW : What is a GSG 522 ???
    " This , is MY safety "

Quote Originally Posted by PHOBUS View Post

BTW : What is a GSG 522 ???
    http://asp.zone-secure.net/v2/index....1&startPage=10

Thanks mate

Looks a lot like the Umarex MP5 PDW tho, ...

.and that was horrible .

Nasty cheap plastic thing - like a 10 quid airsoft off the market imo .

Hope this might be better then ?

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "