Thread: Advice on loading my ROA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    Quote Originally Posted by harricook View Post
    Never seem to get any cap or debris jams with the ROA as I always did with the Rem NMA
    I used to use CCI on my Rem NMA & had the same problem, I now use Dynamit Nobel 1075 & they work much better, no jams yet.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

I had trouble with the 1075 caps (RWS i think they were) falling in the mechanism with my previous ROA but my Rogers and Spencer was fine with them. I switched to Remington no11 ones and they work fine in both my ROA,s and the Rogers so will stick with them. Tim

One more question guys, do you use a powder flask to charge your pistol or those plastic phials with the correct amount of powder measured out. Also I'm still not sure which caps I should use so any more advice on that would be great.

Phials with 22 gr powder with 6mm homemade lubed wad and RWS caps no greasy snot being flung everywhere.

Load from little phials every time. Dont like the idea of flasks myself. To much powder in one place on the shooting bench for my liking. Admitedly never had a problem when pouring powder into the barrel/chamber but one tiny ember left in there and youve got a bomb in your hand. Got my phials from one of the dealers for about £14 a hundred then shortened them by about 5mm so they go nicely into a 44 mag bullet box. For the 577 muzzle loader i use old camera film pots. Can easily be squeezed to form a spout for pouring and are just the right price, ie, free.

Thanks for the replies guys, anyone use Triple 7 and how much do you use, should be measured by volume rather than weight apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by lasbrisas View Post
    One more question guys, do you use a powder flask to charge your pistol or those plastic phials with the correct amount of powder measured out. Also I'm still not sure which caps I should use so any more advice on that would be great.
    Hi Lasbrisias

PM sent regarding vials I can get

Cheers

Roy