Thread: Advice on loading my ROA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thankyou for your advice :-) G.

I hope this thread is still alive and well, Ive just been given a tub of pyrodex, anyone have any advice on how much I should use in my ROA. HAve been using 21 grains of BP till now. Is it a direct substitute or more powerful as 777 is.

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    never tried 777, but I use pyrodex & BP in equal measures with little difference in accuracy (or maybe thats just down to me).
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

777 and pyrodex are used by volume as per black powder. Mark a vile where 21 grns {or whatever load you want of black powder comes to and then fill to the same leval with the substitute. weigh this load and theres your load by weight. Iv tried both substitutes and got to be honest when i say no one at our club who has a black powder licence shoots a substitute. However, both 777 and pyrodex worked well with plenty of umph, smoke etc. Accuracy was no different to b/p. As per most things when shooting on the dark side it comes down to personal choice and what works for you and your gun. Tim

Thanks for the info guys, I can only use BP at the club as I don't yet have the storage box or the permits.

24 gr 777 works for me. I use couscous as a filler as I find it much easier to pour than semolina.

Steve

PS My wife once bought me some garlic & coriander couscous by mistake. No effect on accuracy but it did smell nice

Quote Originally Posted by sclg View Post
    PS My wife once bought me some garlic & coriander couscous by mistake. No effect on accuracy but it did smell nice
    HaHa made me laugh, perhaps we should try some different flavour combinations !