Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is this a scam

Quote Originally Posted by OLD JUD View Post
    It was me who responded I said it was nice but over priced, and it's over priced by a fair margin.
    Hiya mate , & All,
    it was OLD JUD,s statement that made me respond, He said it was overpriced ( & He might well be right ) But just how much is an Ace
    worth, !!!!!

I have one,-
    & Others ?

Condition average, Poor blueing , Dent in woodwork , As you would expect however 100% mechanically .
    I am not trying to sell, Or even get a valuation on this, Just a ball park figure for this model & The Innova.

start the ball rolling with my view , ( Rightly or Wrongly )
    I sold a Sharp Ace about 5, Years ago , It was Mint, For I think £280,
    The buyer had all the seals replaced with the green seals from
    Mr T Robb, ( WHY, It was perfect ) ?

I bought this same gun back, Not working, With a silencer , I think for £90 + Post
    It had been to a number of repairer,s & They couldn,t fix it ( The exhaust valve was in the wrong way around ) This gun will last forever with the absolute minimum of attention,

In my " Humble " Opinion, This gun is worth £200 of anyone,s money ,
    They are becoming even more scarce ! As are the Innova,s
    Remember an Innova silencer adapter sold for over £80 on the " Bay "
    As we all know, Silly prices are acheived there ! Also for parts, !

To get back to the pricing, I think that £200 for an average shooting Ace is a good buy ? Excellent to mint ! Possibly £300
    An Average to nice Innova ( Complete ) I wouldn,t sell for less than £140 & I have a number ,Chrome ones, Possibly £200 ?

You only have to look at the prices of the chinese imports !! get me wrong, Some are very good,
    That,s my view !!! I am sure I will be put in my place , Ha ha, Ged.
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 16-07-2011 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Chrome models

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    Hiya mate , & All,
    it was OLD JUD,s statement that made me respond, He said it was overpriced ( & He might well be right ) But just how much is an Ace
    worth, !!!!!

I have one,-
    & Others ?

Condition average, Poor blueing , Dent in woodwork , As you would expect however 100% mechanically .
    I am not trying to sell, Or even get a valuation on this, Just a ball park figure for this model & The Innova.

start the ball rolling with my view , ( Rightly or Wrongly )
    I sold a Sharp Ace about 5, Years ago , It was Mint, For I think £280,
    The buyer had all the seals replaced with the green seals from
    Mr T Robb, ( WHY, It was perfect ) ?

I bought this same gun back, Not working, With a silencer , I think for £90 + Post
    It had been to a number of repairer,s & They couldn,t fix it ( The exhaust valve was in the wrong way around ) This gun will last forever with the absolute minimum of attention,

In my " Humble " Opinion, This gun is worth £200 of anyone,s money ,
    They are becoming even more scarce ! As are the Innova,s
    Remember an Innova silencer adapter sold for over £80 on the " Bay "
    As we all know, Silly prices are acheived there ! Also for parts, !

To get back to the pricing, I think that £200 for an average shooting Ace is a good buy ? Excellent to mint ! Possibly £300
    An Average to nice Innova ( Complete ) I wouldn,t sell for less than £140 & I have a number ,Chrome ones, Possibly £200 ?

You only have to look at the prices of the chinese imports !! get me wrong, Some are very good,
    That,s my view !!! I am sure I will be put in my place , Ha ha, Ged.
    Hi Ged,

I did a bit of research in to this particular rifle, it seems there was a couple of problems with it, hence my comment about it being overpriced.

I have been offered a good Ace with silencer for £220, not a bad price.....
    A MINT Ace is probably in the £300 region, with box and all paperwork maybe around £350 mark?

Innova's are still pretty easy to pick up, i bought two in the space of a week, and i have first refusal on two others. Another board member bought two Innova's last week. We have members on this site who's collection of Innova's run into double figures, a couple of years ago i had a rack full of them and a couple of others in bits.

How many people have a collection of Colchester Gamkeepers that run into double figures?

So to answer a question that crops up from time to time, 'Are Innova's a rare gun?' On the evidence available to me, they are not. What is rare is an excellent to mint Innova.

Obviously Ace's are fewer on the ground (Hence the higher value), but they still crop up.
    The only RARE Sharp rifles (In this country) are the Victory and Pan Target.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

The reason the innovas and aces fetch a premium is because they are such a good gun. They might not be too rare but are collectable and still very popular. The older they get means there will be more non working ones. A decent innova always seems to fetch between £120 and £160. Not bad for a cheaply made kids gun

Quote Originally Posted by OLD JUD View Post
    Hi Ged,

I did a bit of research in to this particular rifle, it seems there was a couple of problems with it, hence my comment about it being overpriced.

I have been offered a good Ace with silencer for £220, not a bad price.....
    A MINT Ace is probably in the £300 region, with box and all paperwork maybe around £350 mark?

Innova's are still pretty easy to pick up, i bought two in the space of a week, and i have first refusal on two others. Another board member bought two Innova's last week. We have members on this site who's collection of Innova's run into double figures, a couple of years ago i had a rack full of them and a couple of others in bits.

How many people have a collection of Colchester Gamkeepers that run into double figures?

So to answer a question that crops up from time to time, 'Are Innova's a rare gun?' On the evidence available to me, they are not. What is rare is an excellent to mint Innova.

Obviously Ace's are fewer on the ground (Hence the higher value), but they still crop up.
    The only RARE Sharp rifles (In this country) are the Victory and Pan Target.
    Hiya mate ( The Bar,s open now Ha ha )
    We both know that whatever the problem with the Ace is easily fixed !

Does the Ace you have been offered have its sights, ?
    I have had a number of " Victories " & Again they are pretty poor, I Said it before , & say it again, Just the name Victory ! < Suggests it was made for the UK market, Low power, Complicated, ( I have many Pics of these I sold , If you want them )

I never suggested the Innova was rare,, Nor did I suggest it was any good, BUT It had a great output, As did the Ace,
    I might add, That if you think the " Colchester Gamekeeper " Was any good , & Indeed collectible, Look at these, !-

You will never see a pair of these together , ( Ever ) Are they any good !
    "Robin Chainey" Classics !! Never to be repeated !

I have a few " Thumber " & a " Hold down " Sheridan,s Guess have to lay together for a while , Ha , ha, Ged.

ace and innova,s

That silencer adapter for an innova that sold on was mine ,£85 !!! i was surprised it went for so much but that what happens in an auction, i recently went to an auction in gloucester only to try and buy the sharp ace that was there. i bid up to £200 that was enough for me as it was in average condition, but the bidding went on and on ,it eventually went for £380 plus commision which was 20% so total was £456 ,,much too much in my opinion but when you have two bidders who really want the gun,it sometimes gets out of hand..i would pay good money for a mint boxed ace, and i recently bought a boxed innova for £150..

Quote Originally Posted by tradingnow2010 View Post
    That silencer adapter for an innova that sold on was mine ,£85 !!! i was surprised it went for so much but that what happens in an auction, i recently went to an auction in gloucester only to try and buy the sharp ace that was there. i bid up to £200 that was enough for me as it was in average condition, but the bidding went on and on ,it eventually went for £380 plus commision which was 20% so total was £456 ,,much too much in my opinion but when you have two bidders who really want the gun,it sometimes gets out of hand..i would pay good money for a mint boxed ace, and i recently bought a boxed innova for £150..
    You did well to get a boxed one for £150 if it was as new.
    The guy selling these http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....on-here-please
    wanted more than that for the innova, if sold with the others, but they are about and he had dozens of boxed rifles, i dont say that lightly, probably into three figures morelike. It must be nice to drop on something in nice condition for a "reasonable" price.
    shabee

I have been reading this thread with interest, and must agree with the comments made by 'Old Jud',
    Innovas, and to a lesser degree Aces, are neither rare or of any appreciable value, but they are collectable, and compared with many pump-ups, unique in their operation.
    The terms 'Rare', 'Scarce' and Collectable' don't necessarily indicate a high valuation.
    I have a Rochester Pneumatic air rifle, three Setra's, a dozen Model 'C' Streaks, numerous old Benjamin pump-ups, Innovas in double figures and several Aces in my 'collection'. Some are scarce, the odd one rare, all collectable, but none of any 'appreciable' value. The Rochester is the rarest, very few were made before Kessler bought them out, but are they valuable? £100 in the UK, $75 US in the States!
    In my humble opinion, the values of Innovas and Aces are being artificially inflated by the increasing demand for a very basic, cheaply made Japanese air rifle which very few, including 'professional' gunsmiths, know how to service correctly!
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Innova silencer adapter !

Quote Originally Posted by tradingnow2010 View Post
    Hiya mate,
    I realise that this thread has dragged on & Lost direction.

My point was " How much is an Ace/Innova worth " , Your the only one that put a price on the Ace ! And that was the question ?
    We can prevaricate forever !

Your price for the Innova silencer adapter on the " ****" Says it all,
    These were sold in the early 1980,s for almost £40 ( A lot of money )
    So , I made some-

You can just see the amount of seperate machining operations required to make one!
    This is + The tooling that had to be bought , The first one cost well over £100 ?
    Making jig,s, Buying cutters Etc. It might have been a bargain.

What I was trying to say ( In my alchoholic state ) Was the sum of the parts of these & Many older guns are worth more than the single unit!
    give an Example :
    I have a couple of Webley Mk 111,s. As a unit they are worth Around £130, Great gun, but not wanted, I Guess these will be " Parts " guns,

I have many Sheridan/Benjamin/Crossman Older parts, These are made of " Kryptonite " ( Sheridan will no longer supply us )

In the USA They are ten a penny, But here they have to be made,

Its the same with ALL Older guns, Look at the price of spares from the current suppliers, IE They increase as stock is deleted,
    I have said it before & say it again !!! This & Other airgun Forum,s have a captive audience ! WE Think the price we would pay is the real world price , Its not !
    If the " Bay " Sold airguns, You you would see real " World " prices ?

Its now time for my medication & Another drink ! Ha ha,
    A good friend of mine said to me , you know ! Alchohol kills brain cell,s !!!
    I Replied YES, But it depends on how many you started with, Ha ha,Ged.

Hiya mate,

My point was " How much is an Ace/Innova worth " , Your the only one that put a price on the Ace ! And that was the question.

The thread certainly has lost direction, the subject line was 'Is this a scam?' - not ;How much is an Ace/Innova worth'!
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Herpquest View Post
    Hiya mate,

My point was " How much is an Ace/Innova worth " , Your the only one that put a price on the Ace ! And that was the question.

The thread certainly has lost direction, the subject line was 'Is this a scam?' - not ;How much is an Ace/Innova worth'!
    Eric
    That say,s it all!!!! ( Just a quick dig there mate ! Your in the BLACK Book )
    get my coat.
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 17-07-2011 at 08:01 PM.