Thread: What's the point?!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I shoot at a club but reguarly shoot 20mts or less with scoped rifles Air and cartridge , If you have a rifle/scope setup you take it off in the field , do you ?
    Also most of my Air rifle scope combos are set up at 15mts range in the garden before I use on the farm at longer range , so I assume most of us useing a rifle scope como
    shoot at shorter range at some time or another .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    I shoot at a club but reguarly shoot 20mts or less with scoped rifles Air and cartridge , If you have a rifle/scope setup you take it off in the field , do you ?
    Also most of my Air rifle scope combos are set up at 15mts range in the garden before I use on the farm at longer range , so I assume most of us useing a rifle scope como
    shoot at shorter range at some time or another .
    I think the comment was probably from the point of view that if you can shoot at 25yds with diopter sights, why do you need a scope at 20yds?
    Just because LSR uses lighter hunting style .22 rifles does not mean LSR shooters are usually hunters. Quite the opposite in fact. This isn't a matter or retaining a single configuration across different types of shooting.

Whether it was discipline snobbery, or if he was just missing the point of the different discipline is hard to say.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation