Thread: Need to pick your brains if I may chaps.

Need to pick your brains if I may chaps.

I have an old GEM smoothbore which needs a few bits to get it working again. Could anyone please tell me if you can still get spare parts for these (mainspring / leather seal etc) or is it a case of searching for a 'donor' gun?

Any info would be very much appreciated.

DCI_dave is the man for gems. Perhaps he can point you in the right direction.
    Leather seals can be made using Wad Cutters and I'm sure that there's more than enough springs on the market that can do the job.
    ATB
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Thanks for that Eric, and also thanks to Guy for his PM, who also suggested I talk to Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Punchsteve View Post
    I have an old GEM smoothbore which needs a few bits to get it working again. Could anyone please tell me if you can still get spare parts for these (mainspring / leather seal etc) or is it a case of searching for a 'donor' gun?

Any info would be very much appreciated.
    Hi Punchsteve,

I've got a few bits 'n' bobs kicking around and should be able to help you out...can you do some pics to help ID your Gem for the purposes of matching the spares, please?

...and although, to the casual reader, this may seem like a blatent case of bribery and corruption...oh illustrious flame-bearded mod of distinction...but can I have my old "Jean Marck T-bar Gem collector" tagline back please
    blah blah