I'm new here so treat me gently! If I have put this in the wrong section please can the mods move it. Cheers

I have an Original Mod 50, recently retrieved from my brother. [...and yes I know that I shouldn't lend anyone anything I value... but he is family......still]

When I leant it to him it was in near mint condition and had the original open sights.

It returned in less than a prime state.

There is damage to the chequering advice appreciated on how to repair this.

The rear sights are missing [so were the front but I had a spare] and had been replaced with a scope and mount of unknown heritage. this is horrible and almost useless!

So can anyone help me with the date of manufacture of my Model 50? It is marked with "Made in Germany" on the LHS and has no serial No. or date anywhere that I can see.

I would like to be sure I purchase the correct rear sight [metal] for my Model 50, I have been in touch with T.W.Chambers & Co who are out of stock. John Knibbs believe they may have the correct unit for £43.00 including the P+P however they think there are 2 or 3 different types. Anyone able to help me out here as to what the correct sight should be? Photo please. Distance between screw holes is 40mm.

Scope rail
seems to be 120mm x 10mm.

I've had this air rifle for 26 years now and I think it deserves a little tlc, besides my brother owes me for the repair & parts he lost.

All information gratefully received.

PS: Apologies for the bad photos.