Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Original Mod 50, help please!

I have been back on the phone to Mark at John Knibbs although they do not have the correct sight for my Model 50 [metal, 40mm between screw-holes, concave base] as here in johnbaz post*

For anyone who is interested they do have a metal sight for a Model 50, 40mm between screw-holes, flat base for £40.00 plus £3.00 P+P in stock now [ask for Mark and it will probably still be on the table in front of him!]

*link used with permission

Quote Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
    I have been back on the phone to Mark at John Knibbs although they do not have the correct sight for my Model 50 [metal, 40mm between screw-holes, concave base] as here in johnbaz post*

For anyone who is interested they do have a metal sight for a Model 50, 40mm between screw-holes, flat base for £40.00 plus £3.00 P+P in stock now [ask for Mark and it will probably still be on the table in front of him!]

*link used with permission
    The one in Johnbaz pic is mostly plastic (as it should be, I must add) and if they offered you one with a flat base rather than concave, I think it is probably for the Mod. 35 and similar, not the 50. This would fit on the breechblock, not the cylinder, hence the flat base.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Hi

As Air-tech said, the rearsight is mostly a hard type of plastic, it's the foresight that is all steel

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Just got back from a long weekend under canvas in Wales testing our new tent and boy was it tested we had a fine variety of wind and rain, light rain, heavy rain, and the horizontal type but we and the tent came through snug and dry and my personal cobwebs blown away
    Ok ,it looks as though that set of sights came from a BSA Superstar but as
    I've never owned one until recently I'm baffled as to where they came from and the foresight on mine has no riser it mounts on a shroud
    So I owe apologies to Ged and a chocolate biscuit to Ian and thanks to Micke for his picture of the old catalogue because I found the Original sights that came with the gun

The rifle must then have been a Model 50 D with the cheaper micometer sights as on Micke's catologue Here they are :
    http://www.pbase.com/davecthomson/bits__pieces&page=3
    The mounting holes are 40mm between centres on a flat base,
    the foresight fits Weihrauch rifles.
    I'm glad thats cleared up or I hope it is
    Dave...

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandshaky View Post
    Just got back from a long weekend under canvas in Wales testing our new tent and boy was it tested we had a fine variety of wind and rain, light rain, heavy rain, and the horizontal type but we and the tent came through snug and dry and my personal cobwebs blown away
    Ok ,it looks as though that set of sights came from a BSA Superstar but as
    I've never owned one until recently I'm baffled as to where they came from and the foresight on mine has no riser it mounts on a shroud
    So I owe apologies to Ged and a chocolate biscuit to Ian and thanks to Micke for his picture of the old catalogue because I found the Original sights that came with the gun

The rifle must then have been a Model 50 D with the cheaper micometer sights as on Micke's catologue Here they are :
    http://www.pbase.com/davecthomson/bits__pieces&page=3
    The mounting holes are 40mm between centres on a flat base,
    the foresight fits Weihrauch rifles.
    I'm glad thats cleared up or I hope it is
    Dave...
    ...the rear also seems to be Weihrauch..
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    ...the rear also seems to be Weihrauch..
    Aw! come on this is getting daft, it looks very much like the sight on the picture that Meike put up, not exactly like it but very similar, does anyone recognise the stamped marking on the sight in this picture:

http://www.pbase.com/davecthomson/image/134817246

Also which Weihrauch model has the turning apertures as in this picture:

http://www.pbase.com/davecthomson/image/134817232

Dave...

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandshaky View Post
    Aw! come on this is getting daft, it looks very much like the sight on the picture that Meike put up, not exactly like it but very similar, does anyone recognise the stamped marking on the sight in this picture:

http://www.pbase.com/davecthomson/image/134817246

Also which Weihrauch model has the turning apertures as in this picture:

http://www.pbase.com/davecthomson/image/134817232

Dave...
    Looks like late model Weihrauch to me - possibly HW80.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I have followed the link given by supaspark.....

Quote Originally Posted by supaspark View Post
    .....and have been in email communication with Enrico Rudolph there. He seems to think that this is the part I require, however I'm not convinced as the screw thread appears to be much larger than required.

Diana sight view 1

Diana sight view 2

This does not look like my sight [though who knows if that was "original" when I got it?]

I am going to get a scope and mounts for my model 50 and continue to look for the rear sight in my own time.

OK recommendations for sights for my Model 50?

I was thinking of Nikko Sterling Mountmaster 4-12 x 50 AO

Thanks for all your help guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
    I have followed the link given by supaspark.....

.....and have been in email communication with Enrico Rudolph there. He seems to think that this is the part I require, however I'm not convinced as the screw thread appears to be much larger than required.

Diana sight view 1

Diana sight view 2

This does not look like my sight [though who knows if that was "original" when I got it?]

I am going to get a scope and mounts for my model 50 and continue to look for the rear sight in my own time.

OK recommendations for sights for my Model 50?

I was thinking of Nikko Sterling Mountmaster 4-12 x 50 AO

Thanks for all your help guys!
    The correct rear sight for your gun should be as per the pic I supplied earlier, the one Ged has. The one in the pic you have just provided is for later models, the latest, in fact. Very similar to what may still be installed on the sidelever Dianas certainly until not so long ago as that's what I have on my 54.

You can see on the exploded parts view on that same site, the correct model for that sight offered, the one with the blocky forend and squared off trigger guard.

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    The correct rear sight for your gun should be as per the pic I supplied earlier, the one Ged has. The one in the pic you have just provided is for later models, the latest, in fact. Very similar to what may still be installed on the sidelever Dianas certainly until not so long ago as that's what I have on my 54.

You can see on the exploded parts view on that same site, the correct model for that sight offered, the one with the blocky forend and squared off trigger guard.
    I agree!

I am saying that I will wait, patiently, till one turns up.

I have a base part of the sight hopefully turning up soon.

Until I can source the correct sight I will have to use a modern scope!