Shot my first comp at SEAC on Sunday. Me Thinks to the practice range I shall go. Went round with Steve (who helped me so much last weekend) and watched as he notched up not only a very good score but more enjoyably for me made some very nice shots including a "kill" at 60+ yards.

The comp is over 15 lanes with 2 shots on each lane at silouhette targets. Scoring is easy 3 for a kill (knockdown), 1 for a face plate shot (hit but stays up) and 0 for a miss including a few obscured targets which were kill or nothing.

On a personal note I ended up with 32 points total to put that into context steve hit 28 on the first 15 shots
Neve r though did I feel silly or embarassed and all the way round Steve and the more experienced guys were really supportive without being patronising and I came away from the comp to tuck into a welcome bacon sarnie knowing a lot more about myself in terms of my shooting and brimming over with new tips and hints which I will endeavour to put into practice next week.

Great fun and watch out Steve Next time I'll wear a false beard and go round twice might be bit closer then... or perhaps not

Ollie