Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Club list

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

butts gun club in lincolnshire.

Its £30 a year for air rifles and they do black power and clay shooting , shot guns 100 meter out door range for airgunners and a 25 meter as well on the old R.A.F air feild and every year everyone one gets together for the comps member and no members are also very welcome its butts gun club at north cotes lincolnshire meet people who will help with everything to do with guns.
    Last edited by HUNTER 1O1; 25-08-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Seac

Hi Guys

After speaking to Bob on the phone I will making my first visit to SEAC in Paddock Wood on Sunday. If you see me say hello I will be the one looking rather shy with a BSA Hornet and cowboy hat.

Looks like a great club with good facilities and organisation so I'll let you know how I get on

Ollie
    AND WHEN HE GETS TO HEAVEN TO ST PETER HE WILL TELL "ONE MORE SOLDIER REPORTING SIR I'VE SERVED MY TIME IN HELL"

Horsham Rifle & Pistol Club

25 yard indoor range
    32 yard covered outdoor range
    45 acre HFT site in Crawley

details here >>> H R P C <<<
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

My first visit to SEAC

So as promised I made my way to SEAC in Paddock Wood and I'm very glad I did. I met Bob my "contact" and he showed me round and spoke to me about my rifle before chronoing it to make sure it was behaving and generally making sure I was ok to shoot. That was my first impression of SEAC SAFETY 1ST. Sandra Bob's wife made a note of my name and my compulsory insurance details before recording my chrono results and recording the details of my gun. Next it was to the zeroing range to sort out my scope,
    Oh Dear its all over the place and with my limited knowledge I'm going to struggle to fix it.
    I asked Bob to have a look and see what he could do and he took about half an hour getting it somewhere close and then introduced me to Steve to finish the job. Speaking to Steve soon made me realised how little I know about this sport/ subject. With Steve's help I was soon hole on hole and really enjoying myself. Steve took a good hour out of his own shooting time to help me out and after I discovered a flaw with my rifle which might see it popped in for a service he even offered to lend me his second rifle to shoot a comp with next week.

Overall a lovely set up with vastly knowledgable members in a safe but still relaxed atmosphere. Will I be going again? Try and stop me.

Thanks to Bob, Steve and co for making me feel so welcome
    Ollie
    AND WHEN HE GETS TO HEAVEN TO ST PETER HE WILL TELL "ONE MORE SOLDIER REPORTING SIR I'VE SERVED MY TIME IN HELL"

atherton indoor range (A.I.R)

A NEW VENUE IN THE N/W
    memberships applications now being taken for the new airgun range in atherton known as A.I.R
    55yds plinking range, 55yds zeroing range, 45yd benchrest range, 10yd match pistol/rifle range, 15yd pistol plinking range.
    fully insured and safe.

contact me for details

opening 9/10/11

fees are yet to be finalised but at present its looking at £75 a year for single membership, £95 member and partner, and £100 for family (2+2).
    we will open at 10am and close at 9pm weekdays and 10am to 6pm sat and sundays.
    very affordable for the services on offer, inc heated ranges in winter and wind free zeroing to 55yds.
    a full day shooting from opening to closing will be £7.50 per member and £12.50 visitors (half days fees are 50% of full)
    member and partner will be £12.50 per day (half days fees are 50% of full)
    family 2+2 members will be £12.50 per day (half days fees are 50% of full)

prices to be confirmed.
    just spent £2500 on building materials and £1000 on targets so its a definate goer.

details from ben on 07907689652

we hope to cater for shooters who want to shoot when convenient for them and as im aware no other indoor facility has 7 days opening and all day too

My First Comp at SEAC

Shot my first comp at SEAC on Sunday. Me Thinks to the practice range I shall go. Went round with Steve (who helped me so much last weekend) and watched as he notched up not only a very good score but more enjoyably for me made some very nice shots including a "kill" at 60+ yards.

The comp is over 15 lanes with 2 shots on each lane at silouhette targets. Scoring is easy 3 for a kill (knockdown), 1 for a face plate shot (hit but stays up) and 0 for a miss including a few obscured targets which were kill or nothing.

On a personal note I ended up with 32 points total to put that into context steve hit 28 on the first 15 shots
    Neve r though did I feel silly or embarassed and all the way round Steve and the more experienced guys were really supportive without being patronising and I came away from the comp to tuck into a welcome bacon sarnie knowing a lot more about myself in terms of my shooting and brimming over with new tips and hints which I will endeavour to put into practice next week.

Great fun and watch out Steve Next time I'll wear a false beard and go round twice might be bit closer then... or perhaps not

Ollie

Grampian Air Rifle Club

Grampian Air Rifle Club with a superb indoor range very close to the centre of Aberdeen.
    Also a 60 Target Hunter Field Target course within a 40 minutes drive of Aberdeen.
    4 events per month.
    Website www.aberdeenfieldsports.com
    Daystate Huntsman Classic.22 Airsporter Mark 2 .22
    HW8OK .22 Browning 525 12 gauge
    BASC Member 500044010

Mays shooting club

We are just a small club but a very friendly one.
    The club is near Abridge in Essex which is only 10 mins drive from junction 26 of the M25.
    We hold competitions on a fortnightly basis.
    The club is only open on sunday mornings 9.30 until 1pm
    Free tea and coffee.
    www.maysshootingclub.freeforums.org

looking for a club

can anyone tell me if there is a Club in the Edinburgh area

Castleton FT Club, Nr Cardiff/Newport.

Castleton FT Club is situated just off the A48 near St Mellons, We shoot Two Days a week Thursday and Sunday from 11.00 till late afternoon the club is associated to WAFTA you can learn to shoot FT or just shoot at the targets full information can be found on the Website..... www.castletonftc.co.uk or on our facebook page, Castleton Field Target Club.
    Gary.

Nottingham Clubs

Any info on shooting ranges in Nottingham appreciated

Clubs

I've noticed, or cannot find Shootability-Norfolk Norfolk's only dedicated wheelchair friendly 10m shooting club. It meets every afternoon 1-4 really fun place and to boot we have a registered coach.

Oh nearly forgot the club is for able bodied peeps too so don't feel left out and before anyone throws their toys out of the box [you're cleaning up afterwards] there are plenty of great clubs who are wheelchair friendly but shootability is the only one totally 100% dedicated

Heidi

Colne Valley AGC
    White Colne (Essex/Suffolk border)
    Tel: Richard Greenwood
    Email: colnevalleyagc@gmail.com
    Web: colnevalleyagc.wix.com/colnevalleyagc

Request for Local Club Please (Central Scotland)

Hi

Could someone please advise if I have a club I can join in Central Scotland please

Thank you

David