Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rapid 7 owners club, how to register?????

Rapid 7 owners club, how to register?????

Hello again,

I have developed an interest for the Rapid range of rifles, particularly the MFR and in my quest for information I have run into a brick wall trying to register myself to the above website!

Is anyone able to show me the way or contact the admin on my behalf to help me?

I can PM my email address on request!

Thanks in advance Luke

kevG is offline Longest unaltered member...
    we have stoped people registering for a while,as people have been joining up just to cause trouble,not an ideal situation i know.but if you need any help or info i will help all i can.will pm you my number if you like.
    kevG

Thanks for replying Kev,

Sorry to hear your having trouble, I assure you that I wouldn't be!

I Just wanted access to see certain things that registered members are privy too as I'm trying to work out if a rapid would suit suit me!

Hopefully soon I can get access!

It would be great if I could contact you, but now I have the offer I'm not sure I know what I want to ask?

thanks again Luke

Just ask Kev all about Rapids .

Join us here at the www.rapid7owners.com We are a great bunch of lads and have most of the top tuners on there too.

ATB Eddie.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiej35 View Post
    Join us here at the www.rapid7owners.com We are a great bunch of lads and have most of the top tuners on there too.

ATB Eddie.
    Yup tis a cracking helpful site

Quote Originally Posted by pukey View Post
    Thanks for replying Kev,

Sorry to hear your having trouble, I assure you that I wouldn't be!

I Just wanted access to see certain things that registered members are privy too as I'm trying to work out if a rapid would suit suit me!

Hopefully soon I can get access!

It would be great if I could contact you, but now I have the offer I'm not sure I know what I want to ask?

thanks again Luke
    Rest assured that Kev is one of the best guys around and very helpful.
    As for your questions on whether a Rapid would suit you- the chances are it would! It is a fantastic, well-built, sturdy traditional air rifle, straightforward to work on and service if that is what you want to do. Also accurate and reliable. What more is there? Not the cheapest but then again quality should cost more. There are quite a few guys on here who are also members of the R7OC and can help you as well. The depth of knowledge on both sites is huge.
    What do you want to know?
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by kevG View Post
    we have stoped people registering for a while,as people have been joining up just to cause trouble,not an ideal situation i know.but if you need any help or info i will help all i can.will pm you my number if you like.
    kevG
    Or is it just to keep me off because your admin don`t like the truth

The anti nutshot software obviously doen`t work then ????

anti nutshot love it

Quote Originally Posted by nutshot View Post
    Or is it just to keep me off because your admin don`t like the truth

The anti nutshot software obviously doen`t work then ????
    Could be that Nick!

How can a rapid forum not want the advice of Nutshot on there, they must be mad. You can always try this rapid forum http://www.rapid7owners.com/forums/index.php?act=idx
    The idea is to die young, but leave it as late as possible

Thanks for the great response,

I feel slightly uncomfortable, like walking into a pub where you know a few people but there’s a tangible tension in the air! Now I just want a few pints and a chat, but if there’s going to be a brawl I don’t want any part of it! Don’t think any less of me for trying to be mates with all of you, please!

KevG, I got your PM, thank you for the advise and offer to call, I will in due course, when I feel I have some thing pertinent to ask.

Sureshot, I’m sure Kev appreciates your compliment and I your recommendation, cheers.

Eddie and Davy, I’ve already joined and posted, and your absolutely right! Already had some good advice, see you in there.

(Rapid) Nick, Kevs going to get a big head! “It is a fantastic, well-built, sturdy traditional air rifle” I remember when they first came out when I was a boy and now they are traditional, now I feel old!

(Nutshot) Nick, we’ve already spoken on line as you know and I appreciate your advice so far, I’m sure I be calling on you for advice sooner or later.

Dave, good to see on your signature that I don’t have to pledge allegiance to any one site.

Rampant, you seem amused??

Ok, so a few weeks ago I spent an hour or so at a gun shop not to far from me and looked at quite a number of rifles, I went in there wanting an AA s510 with the intension of weighing it up against the HW100, amongst the rifles I looked at where a MK1 and 2 Rapid and an MFR, all of which I discounted off hand as they felt all wrong, they guy in the shop didn’t give them a great chuck up either. Since then I went to see an MFR that was up for sale locally, I was instantly surprised that I liked the way it felt, handled and it seemed to weigh half of what I remembered it to in the shop ??? The guy was very personable, sang the praises of Rapids in general and opened my eyes to the potential for servicing them and improving them yourself, so much so that I left thinking that Rapids, particularly the MFR where for me.

Since then I have sifted through various sites trying to see the bigger picture, and the purpose of my original post was purely to get a little more access to what seems to be one of the larger sources of information.

One thing that concerns me about Rapids, is I get the impression I may end up with a gun that I’ll have to spend a certain amount of time and money on, before it can live up to the reputation it seems to have, maybe you guys could send me links to information or tell me about:
    -Barrels, good/ bad, how to tell?
    -Valve and stem (why change/alter from original)
    -silent hammer pip (think I understand)
    -Spring guides & slip discs (why change/alter from original)
    -Regulators (why change/alter from original)
    -Fast flow? (what is this?)
    -Porting? (port what and why?)

Might it cost me a load extra after initially buying one to get it accurate an consistent enough to go hunting at constantly varying ranges?

Well I’ve posted this on BBS, but I think I’ll post a portion on rapid7owners.com as I have access and have already posted there!

Thanks again Luke

nutty & phild

Quote Originally Posted by thebunnygotaway View Post
    How can a rapid forum not want the advice of Nutshot on there, they must be mad. You can always try this rapid forum http://www.rapid7owners.com/forums/index.php?act=idx
    brillliant helpfull lads in every way .i can assure you of a very warm welcome to all who join ,the help & advice is free as standard & if you can take it the shoutbox is the best craic on any forum ,join up & see what you have been missing

rgc_swanseaARC is offline He's not the Stig,,,He's the Stig's Welsh cousin
    As above, rapid 7 owners is awesome, and kev i believe can still be found there too...there we go problem solved, all the great minds in one place

seriously though you wont regret a rapid...just watch out for that guy on there Bass something or other, clean off he is

Hope to speak to you on there soon
    Theoben TTR1 .177, Steven B Blue/Grey Laminate Stock, Nutshot Mod, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42 Tac IR
    Daystate Pulsar. 177, Donny FL Sumo Mod, Pard NV008LRF

Quote Originally Posted by rgc_swanseaARC View Post
    As above, rapid 7 owners is awesome, and kev i believe can still be found there too...there we go problem solved, all the great minds in one place

seriously though you wont regret a rapid...just watch out for that guy on there Bass something or other, clean off he is

Hope to speak to you on there soon
    mr bassslayer if you dont mind sir