Thread: The secret of collecting Jackals.

The secret of collecting Jackals.

Hi again,at the moment I have one Air Arms Hi Power serial number 41579 in fab condition...the power of this thing is little short of crazy.I am on the look out for more but as yet have had no joy ..what I want to know is how many Jackals/Hi Powers in the military guise were made from start to finish?I have lots of old Air Gun Worlds and the last I can find for sale was in 1987 Issue proclaiming in the ad that the Fire power was back.I need more of these things please

Are you confusing power with the aural assault and vibration that follows pulling (yes pulling) the trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Are you confusing power with the aural assault and vibration that follows pulling (yes pulling) the trigger?
    No no....I have been air gunning since the mid 70's and it is with out doubt the most powerfull spring gun I have come across....well may be on par with a good weihrauch 77 easely,I kind of like the plastic sounding thud of it going off

It's been more than 20 years since I last shot one, so I was only pulling your leg.

Put it on the chrono just to be sure if it feels lively?

hi power

played with a khamsin 177 and a 22 jackal last year both went about 9.5 ish over the chrono ,,the khamsin was smoother to shoot, but did find the jackal had a kick but might be due to the plastic stock etc,

charlieboy

As I said I have been at it 30 odd years and this thing realy is packing a punch...I shoot with friends on a weekend and they all agree its awesome,All the ads from that time say as powerfull an air gun as you can legaly buy.I can hit a bird in the eye flying with it...

Good power

Hello everybody I have personally shot this firepower of lord seans and can attest to it's power. Without a chrono I would say it's putting out about 11lbs maybe 11/5. It's not seen too much use but does suffer from the plastic stock giving off vibration. It's certainly a different feel to any of my guns. Not my choice but is accurate with lots of power, this guy is looking for more of these rifles for his collection and wants hints and tips to find them. Have I done good your lordship?

What's...

...the collective noun for trolls
    Pardon?

If they are on manoeuvres then it comes under,

Troll.Ops

May be we should not post any more on this thread while the going is fairly good

Just a bit of fun.

You missed out on a Combat last week. There'll be more along in the end...

jackal butt vibration

hi there. i have a jackal and didnt like the vibration/whack when firing,so i removed the butt pad and stuffed an old t shirt in it made a big difference atb john

Jackals

I was at VERYBIGMIKE's place a couple of weekends ago and he has an amazing quantity of Jackals and the later AA variants. Have a butchers at his website www.jackals-lair.com and you will see just how much he likes these (god knows I have tried to get him to see the error of his ways)

Still on the plus side, when I see him, I get to try out all sorts of rifles (without having to pay for them first)