Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sussex Interclub HFT 2011 Round 3 - RESULTS

Just some clarification as to the UKAHFT rules !

In the rule that has been quoted, "if the gun goes off the shot is considered as having been taken & will be scored accordingly"

In this instance the gun "going off" refers to the gun actually discharging air, at the time of writing the rules we deemed "the gun going bang" to be less specific.

The gun "going off" would not apply to a Steyr where the cocking lever isn't closed & the sear just disengages upon pulling the trigger as air would not be discharged

Edit - Just for clarification.....it doesn't matter whether or not the pellet is still in the barrel as on some rifles if the bolt is left open the gun will fire air without dislodging the pellet. It's purely down to the gun discharging air

surely this is a straight forward answer, if ya gun goes pop regardless if its loaded or not it counts however if it goes click as safety still on or what ever it is your rifle does when it dosnt shoot then that doesnt count simple , theres no need for long winded toy throwing out of prams is there girls chill its a hobby not a religon
    H.R.P.C.....and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
    Just some clarification as to the UKAHFT rules !

In the rule that has been quoted, "if the gun goes off the shot is considered as having been taken & will be scored accordingly"

In this instance the gun "going off" refers to the gun actually discharging air, at the time of writing the rules we deemed "the gun going bang" to be less specific.

The gun "going off" would not apply to a Steyr where the cocking lever isn't closed & the sear just disengages upon pulling the trigger as air would not be discharged

Edit - Just for clarification.....it doesn't matter whether or not the pellet is still in the barrel as on some rifles if the bolt is left open the gun will fire air without dislodging the pellet. It's purely down to the gun discharging air
    Apologies for confusing that part, I did say it was MY own interpretation of that.
    Thanks for clarifying it all anyway Pete.

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve L View Post
    Now read Richards post, which basically gives the same reason as me, saftey. I know it's a little harsh but I don't see it as an advantage, the rifle goes bang (or pop) it's unsafe, it goes click, I can pull the bolt back, show you the pellt sitting there & shoot it again, it's HFT & shooting at tin chickens as they say, do we need all this boll0cks, lets just go shoot & have a good time eh ?
    If you feel so strongly about it I suggest you PM Scooby on here or both Pete's on STB & have it out with them.
    You didn't make the safety aspect clear in your OP, simply that a functional provision of your rifle ensured you avoided falling foul of an infringement that affects all rifles without the dry-fire facility.
    UKAHFT have provided their ajudication on the matter. Pursuing it further would serve no useful purpose.
    Doesn't mean I am in agreement, however I do feel the ruling needs clarification and be a little more specific to avoid the obvious confusion.
    N'est ce pas mon brave?

Quote Originally Posted by Alegazmoz View Post
    Doesn't mean I am in agreement, however I do feel the ruling needs clarification and be a little more specific to avoid the obvious confusion.
    N'est ce pas mon brave?
    It's not a problem, We've previously not had anyone misinterpreting this rule but now it's been highlighted we'll see if we can re-word it at the end of the season.......We draw the line at saying the gun goes "bang" though

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
    There we have it then .......
    ....... Cheers Mr Dutton.

There we have it then .......
    ....... Cheers Mr Dutton.

Indeed, thanks Pete.

Now what are we gonna argue about
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

I think it is unfair that you lot have safety's and we don't!
    Plus we don't have hairy feet to grip the ground on the freestanders..(Spider like)....
    Ok Ok not very good but i will think of an argument....soon...

Rock on Sunday!
    XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Hi Pete.

Needed your input to resolve this debate.

I think we now have a very clear definition.

Much appreciated

Thanks

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Hmmmmm ...

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    Now what are we gonna argue about
    Can we have some insight into the Formula One proposal
    ....... from the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' chapter perhaps? .... from the proposers?
    Who's going to benefit?
    Who will lose out?
    Will it be a bad thing?
    Will it be a good thing?
    Will it involve extra work and who's going to do it?
    Are there any financial aspects?
    What's the pole position? ....... it's not in the Kharma Sutra.

'scuse me while I retire-arf!

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    ....... from the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' chapter perhaps? .... from the proposers?
    Who's going to benefit?
    Who will lose out?
    Will it be a bad thing?
    Will it be a good thing?
    Will it involve extra work and who's going to do it?
    Are there any financial aspects?

And who's gonna provide the giant bottle of champagne to be sprayed everywhere?
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Har! ......

Quote Originally Posted by MojoCrow View Post
    And who's gonna provide the giant bottle of champagne to be sprayed everywhere?
    ....... run that one by Clive and see what happens?

arf!

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    I'd have to break out a bumper size pack of sock puppets to explain life, the universe & everything in between before I'd get round to explaining giant size bottles of champagne. Hell, I had to explain that MTC wasn't a new scope company and who Gary & Sammie Cooper were with the aid of pictures last week.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    What is all this Formula One nonsense? Buggered if I'm doing a warm-up lap, I'm knackered just going round once. If a string breaks, instead of a whistle, will we have a safety car?
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Who's going to benefit? Everyone ?
    Who will lose out? Hopefully no-one.
    Will it be a bad thing? Who knows.
    Will it be a good thing? as above
    Will it involve extra work and who's going to do it? Shouldn't, in theory is should be easier or the same.Are there any financial aspects?

All thats meant by F1 style is top team on the day gets top points, lets say 6 points as there are 6 teams for example, 2nd would be 5 etc. etc. it will just keep it within reach of the clubs that don't have the numbers, (plus keeps it a bit more interesting IMO).
    I know the way it is now means the top team wins but I feel thats a bit of a numbers game as well, Buxted have 1000 members , so if one of you has a bad shoot, usually someone else comes in with a top score, most of the other teams have limited numbers so if one or two shoot badly on the day it's near on over for that team for the season.
    It's just something to think about for next season thats all.
    Hope that sort of makes sense.

Steve
    I am pretty sure the UK team events are done this sort of way, maybe as we shoot to UK rules we should try the method they use ?