Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley Tracker .22 Calibre.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

Webley Tracker .22 Calibre.

If I were in the market for the above, what should I be looking out for/ be wary of ?
    Lastly if it were let's say a "good un", what should I be paying ?
    Ta !
    “An airgun or two”………

Look out for a deluxe John, otherwise you'll be disappointed when you see a deluxe later on.

Either way they're still tap loaders (i.e. total rubbish), so, less than £250. for a minty deluxe, I'd say. And less than £200. for a standard model, no matter how good it is.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Hi Mate, my Wife has a couple of Trackers, a Deluxe with a walnut stock and a standard one with a beech stock - they are lovely little 'point and squirt' shooters. I rate my Wife's rifles very highly indeed - they are quality, solid and well made, if a little on the heavy side?

If I was buying one, I would only consider the walnut Deluxe version - but that's just me mate!

Price will depend on condition and spec - between £150 - £300? for a nice one?

Avoid one that has been converted to gas ram as it can destroy the internal workings and make them harsh to shoot!

Good luck with your search!

ASM
    I miss my late Mum and Dad and think of them every single day!
    The E.U. is built on pure Poopenshtinken!
    (Those that say the ‘cream always rises to the top’ (Politics, Business, Management) clearly have never experienced what rises to the top in a main sewer!)
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

I have a .22 Tracker with camo stock. It's a nice compact gun which I enjoy shooting. Prices vary between £120 and £200. I paid £120 for mine including a scope.
    Around £150 is an average price for a good one. I don't know how a deluxe version varies from an ordinary one but I'm sure someone here will tell me. The camo stock was only available for a limited period. Knibbs has stocks available in camo, beech and walnut and a black one I think. The Tracker was very popular in Sweden - down powered to their legal limit of 8 fps ( and I thought we had problems !).

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Berwyn View Post
    . The Tracker was very popular in Sweden - down powered to their legal limit of 8 fps ( and I thought we had problems !).
    I imagine at 8 foot-pounds they are quite decent to shoot. At their max of 10-11, they are "harsh".
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    I imagine at 8 foot-pounds they are quite decent to shoot. At their max of 10-11, they are "harsh".
    That's possibly a good point, a bit like the Airsporters that shoot best around 10 - 10.5 ft/lbs - any more detracts from their 'shootability'!
    I wouldn't call either of my Wife's Trackers 'harsh' mind but I think that could be levelled at her gas rammed Vulcan, her other spring powered Vulcan is smoother!
    I believe the only difference between the Deluxe and the standard rifle was the walnut stock, as opposed to beech - but the walnut is easily better worth having imo!

ASM
    (Those that say the ‘cream always rises to the top’ (Politics, Business, Management) clearly have never experienced what rises to the top in a main sewer!)
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Look out for a deluxe John, otherwise you'll be disappointed when you see a deluxe later on.

Either way they're still tap loaders (i.e. total rubbish), so, less than £250. for a minty deluxe, I'd say. And less than £200. for a standard model, no matter how good it is.
    Point taken Phil !
    Many thanks, see you in November, Bashways !

John.
    “An airgun or two”………

Its the trigger that lets these down, the upgrade kit available from chambers didn't fit mine - and the standard trigger really is bad!

Sold it for £150, was in very good condition.

Dunno, but on the Tracker I have now, one from the Webley museum, the trigger is very nice and light.
    The 1st one I had indeed had a heavy trigger.
    The Deluxe has a walnut stock and muzzle weight.
    Camo stock is just green I believe. Dont call that camo

What to look out for with all taploaders, is, that the tap(hole) is in line with the barrel.
    If not, it'll damage pellets and never be accurate
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by capt hindsight View Post
    Its the trigger that lets these down, the upgrade kit available from chambers didn't fit mine - and the standard trigger really is bad!

Sold it for £150, was in very good condition.
    Agree with you on this. They may sometimes have a nice light trigger but they give me the creeps when I see the two pieces of thin pressed steel pushing together under heavy loading.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Here's a review of the Webley Tracker http://www.gunmart.net/gun_review/se...y_tracker_camo
    And no, the camo version is not just green but an unique pattern which was only available for six months.

Another vote for the Deluxe as a keeper, standard as a shooter, very compact and handy screams out fun.

Your only real choice now will be open sighted or scope only - scoped guns have the muzzle weight instead of the foresight assy, and a blanking plate at the rear.

Personal choice. I'd have preferred a scope only gun but the one that turned up had opens and I still bought it and am happy about having done so.

Paid £175 for mine, practically mint if not, but 3 years ago, so around £200 for a similar one is not off the mark they don't come up for sale all that often so it will be your call as to how much it is ultimately worth to you - perhaps even widen your search on freeads and other classifieds.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Hi m8. I have a tracker deluxe i might be convinced to part with. The deluxe is the better looker as the beech stock is very plain. Let me know if your interested. Chris

The triggers on my Wife's 4 Webleys are okay - certainly not 'match' quality but they are okay! They can probably be improved like the Airsporters can - quite simply/cheaply with a bit of attention.
    (I am used to Airsporters mind! )

ASM

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
    The triggers on my Wife's 4 Webleys are okay - certainly not 'match' quality but they are okay! They can probably be improved like the Airsporters can - quite simply/cheaply with a bit of attention.
    (I am used to Airsporters mind! )

ASM
    Hi ASM don't misunderstand my criticism of the Tracker trigger, they work well on the majority, but what I don't like is the design of the trigger mechanism, have you worked on yours ? Will always be OK if you apply Colonel Jeff Coopers rules.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD