Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a few guns

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Looking for a few guns

looking for a few guns to play with. Not after "Mint" examples but stuff I can take apart and play with. Some of those East European guns mentioned on other threads.
    I'd like to get an old knockdown target (the tin men one like on the fairgrounds).
    So come on, send me a pm and let a sad man play with some Olde crappy stuff :-)

Well I've got a Tell 2 and a Relum underlever now, but still looking for some of the East European stuff.

A Rough Webley Typhoon or Typhoon frame (even a bit damaged).
    A Haenel pistol?
    Go on tempt me ( pm's are fine to not clog the board)
    Thanks
    Last edited by ggggr; 28-06-2017 at 04:34 PM. Reason: updating
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    looking for a few guns to play with. not after "Mint" examples but stuff I can take apart and play with. A lot of you know that I like to tinker so a cheap Haenel model 1 would interest me and so would a Diana 5 pistol. I wouldn,t mind a look at a Manuarm pistol (hint to one of the mods) but could not see me wanting to keep it. open to suggestions with some other stuff but not anything too rare or difficult to get spares for. I do like to use the guns. Thanks ggggr

I've not even had a chance to shoot it yet.

As it happens, I am thinking of offloading the Tell though, which needs a few bits and some TLC, as I need funds to pay for the bits I needed for the BSA Breakdown....

Hi ggggr

I wondered how long it would be before you got withdrawal symptoms, what calibre is the lawn mower .177 or .22 anythings possible with you. Cuts the grass and dispatches the Crows in one operation.

ALTVB

Oilyreid

YHPM.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Webley hawk mk 2

WEBLEY HAWK 11 .22cal.

£70.00 as its coming up to Christmas plus P/P

NEEDS a make over a split on the front sight

COMPLETE....and NOT fired for 30 odd years

MERRY CHRISTMAS
    abewilson.
    ''The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens''
    Baha'u'llah 1817-1892.

Quote Originally Posted by johnakay View Post
    That is the sort of thing although a bit flashier than the ones I remember. Anyone up to getting the men cut or even doing targets?
    What about a bump for the guns?
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

edbear2 Guest
    ^ Bumpski. None of the fabricators know anyone who could cut the men?

Would anyone else fancy one of those fairground targets? Just the thing to go with your classic Bsa Cadet etc.
    AS i told you mate, any waterjet or laser company would do them for pennies if a decent quantity ordered. The initial cost is digitising the shape for the machine to read, say 10-20 mins labour at maybe £40 per hour. I am not up on the price of ordinary steel, but CRGP (cold rolled general purpose) in say 2.5 -3mm would be ok for up to 10 ft/lbs ish.

You would need to do at least 40-50 I should think, and guesstimate is well under a quid each with the price descending as the quantity goes up.

I can't get to the place we talked about as it is a 1/2 day out from work which I can't afford off, But a cardboard cut out drawn with a compass so you have proper rads would make it easy, or a dimensioned drawing emailed to any of dozens of firms out there would get you accurate prices by return.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?clien...99856259907779

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=man...ed=0CAoQ_AUoAg

waterjet is a bit cleaner, they would be ready to go as received.

ATB, Ed

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    AS i told you mate, any waterjet or laser company would do them for pennies if a decent quantity ordered. The initial cost is digitising the shape for the machine to read, say 10-20 mins labour at maybe £40 per hour. I am not up on the price of ordinary steel, but CRGP (cold rolled general purpose) in say 2.5 -3mm would be ok for up to 10 ft/lbs ish.

You would need to do at least 40-50 I should think, and guesstimate is well under a quid each with the price descending as the quantity goes up.

I can't get to the place we talked about as it is a 1/2 day out from work which I can't afford off, But a cardboard cut out drawn with a compass so you have proper rads would make it easy, or a dimensioned drawing emailed to any of dozens of firms out there would get you accurate prices by return.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?clien...99856259907779

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=man...ed=0CAoQ_AUoAg

waterjet is a bit cleaner, they would be ready to go as received.

ATB, Ed
    Thanks for the info Ed. Go well with your pre war Bsa stuff

Early Saturday BUMP

Does anybody remember the metal man targets being sold in the late 70's early 80's? I'm sure I remember seeing them in an old AGW.
    Was that the clown head shot man? The one were you shot the head down and re-set it through a hole in its belly. The club had a few copies of such in its early days.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Relum Hurricaine, with original wire shoulder stock

I have a Relum underlever pistol been meaning to renovate for years, If your interested.
    it,s .22 few screws missing but everything else there.

Quote Originally Posted by joey1761 View Post
    I have a Relum underlever pistol been meaning to renovate for years, If your interested.
    it,s .22 few screws missing but everything else there.
    "Thank you" to the man above ^ for the Relum underlever.

I am still looking for anything olde/interesting that I can maybe strip for the "idiots guide" or just to tinker with.

Pre war or 1/2 stocked rifles would be interesting to look at.Maybe a Haenel model 1?
    I'd love to get my hands on some of the East European pistols, like the Haenels or the earlier Relum http://s135.photobucket.com/user/ccd...583ee.jpg.html. . Drop me a pm if you think you may have something. They do not have to be brilliant examples as I like to tinker with them and plink with them.

Does anybody remember the metal man targets being sold in the late 70's early 80's? I'm sure I remember seeing them in an old AGW. The fairground type shown in a pic a few posts up.
    Last edited by ggggr; 14-10-2016 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Was that the clown head shot man? The one were you shot the head down and re-set it through a hole in its belly. The club had a few copies of such in its early days.

ATB
    Ian
    Hi Ian

The clown target was made and sold by Gerald Cardew under his "Card" brand name --- this was a copy of a pre War target that he'd found.

All the best Mick

looking for a few guns to play with. Not after "Mint" examples but stuff I can take apart and play with. A lot of you know that I like to tinker so a cheap Haenel model 1 would interest me . Some of those East European guns mentioned on other threads would be pretty cool and even a Tell 2.
    I'd like to get an old knockdown target (the tin men one like on the fairgrounds).
    So come on, send me a pm and let a sad man play with some Olde crappy stuff :-)

Well I've got a Tell 2 now but still looking for some of the East European stuff. Anyone want to throw a cheap Relum underlever pistol my way?
    there is a tell 177cal on face book at this moment hope this helps dave

Quote Originally Posted by Punchsteve View Post

I've not even had a chance to shoot it yet.

As it happens, I am thinking of offloading the Tell though, which needs a few bits and some TLC, as I need funds to pay for the bits I needed for the BSA Breakdown....
    what bits do you need for the breakdown?