Thread: Machining/Milling airgun parts

Machining/Milling airgun parts

Hi, First off , I am no machinist, But have been doing it for 10 + Years ,So you professionals , Go easy on me, Ha ha,

I am going to make a batch of 2, Items Either in Brass or Aluminium, they both need milling so the lathe is out,
    They are quite complicated ( To me at least ) & Need a number of operations,
    I have a " Chinese " Lathe miller & Its very good, I can use the milling machine for the work, However I need to do 2, Milling operations with the piece insitu,

To cut to the quick, I made this up ( About a day ) & Half a day to get dead square ?
    Pics -

Its now all set up & I can combine 2, milling operations insitu ( Important to replicate an item )
    I can remove/replace it in minutes, I can also use the lathe chuck to hold " Any" Of the CHEAP carboot milling tools I buy , What do you think !
    Cheers, Ged.
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 22-05-2011 at 10:37 AM. Reason: addition

ELMOR FUDD is offline Don't put your fingers where you wouldn't put your Cock
    Looks fairly rigid to me just take things slow at first in case you suffer deflection using big tools such as drills until you get to know the setup and you should be fine mate
    Goose shootings not just for life ......its for christmas dinner
    Bolt handles,silencer adapters,safety catches,filler caps,Brass Trigger guards for most guns and more

Quote Originally Posted by ELMOR FUDD View Post
    Looks fairly rigid to me just take things slow at first in case you suffer deflection using big tools such as drills until you get to know the setup and you should be fine mate
    Hiya & Thanks mate, As you well know, The small miller setups MAKE you go slow, Ha ha, All the best Ged