Thread: Original 75 HV

Original 75 HV

hi all ive recently been given by my dad his original 75 hv target rifle .177 bought in the 80's. This rifle has been kept snug in my dads home made wooden foamed case and and as a result is in excellent condition. the metal work has came up a treat with napier gun spray and is gleaming and as the rifle hasnt been fired since late 80's i havent shot it as im worried the old lubricants may have eroded the piston seals. I would love to welcome any opinions of these rifles and how they compared with their comtempory rivals of its day the fwb 300s and walther lgr also suggestions of service/maintenance etc and current valuations please. it is really a wonderfully engineered rifle and perhaps in the past taken for granted. the wood work has some very slight marks on the foreend and cheekpiece but you have to tilt the rifle in the light to see them tbh.dad took great care of this rifle but he knows i love my airguns so is happy for me to have it now(although he was evidently sad to see it go). it has all the original tools and foresight elements etc and extra diopter eye piece, glove and bits and bobs. dad is looking for the instruction manual now as it wasnt in the box(he keeps everything so where is the question). btw this is the original 75 with adjustable cheekpiece in what i think is french walnut? i'd also like to know what 'hv' stands for? i am going to ask someone to host up some pictures for me on collectables hopefully soon so all can have a look. best regards. matt

ps neil on here has very kindly put some pics of this rifle on collectables under my post its titled 'pics' for those interested. matt

Yeah, most Diana's with GISS system still have the old 'worthless' seals. Servicing them isnt for everybody, cause of the timing of the 2 opposite pistons. Besides that, whatch out NOT to damage the side pinion system!!
    I actaully very much prefer the 75 above the 300: the 75 doesnt twang, and I like its firing behaviour better; no obvious moving parts. LGR's tend to be heavier cockers iirc.(the pneumatics I mean)
    ATB,
    yana