Quote Originally Posted by mike.45 View Post
Andy, give Rich a bell at the Tunnel and he will send you some mag bumps to make your mag loading easier - they go for £2 a bump if I recall correctly - these are the Ed Brown bumps which fit the base of the mags very nicely.

http://www.pro1911.co.uk/1911/Welcome.html
Will do as soon as I have the funds

One thing that I haven't mentioned that is personal preference is the supplied standard sights. I don't like them!

They are plastic with a coloured dots that you cannot see in sunlight (as I found out today). Elevation is adjusted by swapping out three different height front sights, they give about 40cm's worth of elevation change at 25 metres. Windage is changed by physically moving the entire rear sight left or right.

For me (coming from using creedmores on Winchester Rifles and precision 10 metre air pistol), this is far too arbitary and not precise enough. I also don't want to use a red dot on this. I think it's why I can't get my eye in as none of the sights are spot on at 25 metres.

Reading up the GSG/PRO-TSC is cut for NOVAK sights, Midway sell quite a range of fully adjustable precision rear sights with a NOVAK cut ranging from £50 to £120, I think one of them will also be on my shopping list!

Andy