Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ProTsc-1911 - Hands On

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Andy, give Rich a bell at the Tunnel and he will send you some mag bumps to make your mag loading easier - they go for £2 a bump if I recall correctly - these are the Ed Brown bumps which fit the base of the mags very nicely.

http://www.pro1911.co.uk/1911/Welcome.html

Hi
    Decided to try and sell some bits to get me one of these.
    Keep the reports coming iam sure iam not the only one looking to free up some funds and ticket space to get one.
    Vulcanator
    All the long barrel handguns we have over here dont exploit loopholes but are designed to fully comply with the law as written, i dont mean to be picky but there is a difference.
    Peter

saw one today at the club and was inpressed....cycled in subs too.
    thought it had a silencer screwed on but it as a long barrel and a reflex mode screwed on.
    will not beat it in 9mm but was nice to see again

Quote Originally Posted by somtec View Post
    Vulcanator
    All the long barrel handguns we have over here dont exploit loopholes but are designed to fully comply with the law as written, i dont mean to be picky but there is a difference.
    Peter
    No problem mate, I just did a bit of reading regarding the Firearms Act and saw the "long barrelled" Pistol definition. I was thinking along the lines of how "straight pull" actions permit the possession of AR-15's and other semi auto rifles that were banned after the Hungerford massacre.
    Webley Vulcan .22, Webley Tempest .177, Beeman Kodiak .25, Beeman R9 .177, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Slavia 618 .177, Colt Commander .45ACP, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bushmaster AR-15 5.56/.223

boff180 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mike.45 View Post
    Andy, give Rich a bell at the Tunnel and he will send you some mag bumps to make your mag loading easier - they go for £2 a bump if I recall correctly - these are the Ed Brown bumps which fit the base of the mags very nicely.

http://www.pro1911.co.uk/1911/Welcome.html
    Will do as soon as I have the funds

One thing that I haven't mentioned that is personal preference is the supplied standard sights. I don't like them!

They are plastic with a coloured dots that you cannot see in sunlight (as I found out today). Elevation is adjusted by swapping out three different height front sights, they give about 40cm's worth of elevation change at 25 metres. Windage is changed by physically moving the entire rear sight left or right.

For me (coming from using creedmores on Winchester Rifles and precision 10 metre air pistol), this is far too arbitary and not precise enough. I also don't want to use a red dot on this. I think it's why I can't get my eye in as none of the sights are spot on at 25 metres.

Reading up the GSG/PRO-TSC is cut for NOVAK sights, Midway sell quite a range of fully adjustable precision rear sights with a NOVAK cut ranging from £50 to £120, I think one of them will also be on my shopping list!

Andy

Andy, the cut is 'almost' Novak, you will have to fine file the sight slightly to fit snugly, but it is 95% there.

boff180 Guest
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for letting me know, I'll dig out the micro-files

Andy

Hi,
    We put 1500 rounds through one of these last Saturday. One of the lads in our club is an RFD and he brought it along to give it a thorough testing before deciding if he was going to start selling them. The only failures it had were a few failures to feed and these were all with winchester subs, it cycled other makes of subsonic and standard ammo flawlessly.
    By the time we had put about 1000 rounds through the pistol it was absolutely filthy and yet it still functioned perfectly and never missed a beat!
    Am I buying one? You bet your ass I am!
    Cheers
    Ian

Pro tsc 1911

I understand from the guy who imports/constructs these that at least three traders at the Phoenix at Bisley this weekend will have them....

Why buy from an RFD who has one on his stand when you can phone the guy who makes them and order one direct ??

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    I understand from the guy who imports/constructs these that at least three traders at the Phoenix at Bisley this weekend will have them....
    It seemed like almost every stand had at least one on display, had my first look and they do seem nice.

Just see my first one at Bisley. Very impressed.

Jim Starley is a lovely young man...

I've handled the Low Mill 1911, not fired it though. No experience of the TSC 1911..

I really liked the LM, it felt very natural to hold and wasn't overly heavy. If I had the cash and the right variation I'd go for it!

Exclamation

I am looking to fit a match grade barrel bushing to mine, does anybody know which diameter I need or is it as simple as measuring the outside diameter of barrel?
    Cheers
    Ian