Thread: ProTsc-1911 - Hands On

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I got a new canon camera which takes ultra slow motion video and thought i'd share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4GeUZZDwYQ

great fun video, Im still having breat fun with mine

a bit of a favour, does anyone have the old original rear sight kicking about that they have replaced? I been messing about with mine and misplaced it, trying to work out a way to put a red dot on, but not on the slide.

in the mean time I want to just have a play with the old standard dot sights

thanks
    Don't worry it only seems kinky the first time

I have now had a few light strikes with mine too

nowt wrong with the ammo, recock the hammer and it went off the second time, will strip clean and lube it this week, shooting it in a comp this weekend, could do without any added problems on top of my total inability with it LOL

have bodged up a mount for a red dot, replaced the right hand grip and got a close fitting alloy thing going up over the top of the slide, will be putting a small rail on the top to mount a red dot.

hopefully get some pics up this week, seen you can buy something similar from the USA but I didnt want to risk spending money on something that I might not get on with. At least if this doesnt work it just goes in the bin and all I have lost is a few hours of my own time

Pro RSC 1911

Had mine for a few months now and love it. Very accurate bench rested....

Pro Tsc 1911

Example of my best target so far

Im liking that

is your dot on the slide, ie ie moves with it? I didnt like that idea for myself, wasnt sure if the red dot would survive long? hows yours going?

is it an expensive one?

that group is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Westcountry Tony View Post
    is your dot on the slide, ie ie moves with it?
    I didnt like that idea for myself, wasnt sure if the red dot would survive long? hows yours going?
    is it an expensive one?
    The dot is mounted to a bracket that comes from a small picatinny mounted underneath that comes up the side and over the slider so the dot does not move.

The holographic dot is a cheap one that I got for an air pistol that I had a couple of years ago. So far it has been faultless for over 1k shots. Only thing I have found is the zero tends to shift a bit but not because of the sight but the bracket if handled a bit rough. I could not get on with the standard open sights and I am not sure if the target rear adjustable version will fit with the bracket fitted.

I think I paid £35 for the holographic sight and although not marked I think it was made by NCStar.

My only wish would be for a lighter trigger pull.

this my first incarnation of a mount, shapes not quite right and messed up the bottom of the grip part, but most important is to see if it works and if I can shoot any better than with the open sights, which wont be hard

if it works, then will make a new one and have a fancy anodising job done on it.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...von/1911-1.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...evon/19111.jpg

There is currently a link on Henry Kranks website for an e-petition which if 100 000 people sign then it will force a debate in the commons about lifting the ban on .22 pistols. Certainly worth taking the 5 minutes to complete the form!!

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydawk View Post
    There is currently a link on Henry Kranks website for an e-petition which if 100 000 people sign then it will force a debate in the commons about lifting the ban on .22 pistols. Certainly worth taking the 5 minutes to complete the form!!
    Thanks mate. Its already got good coverage here -
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....or-.22-pistols
    but the more people that pass the word around the better. I'd rather hear about it 10 times than never
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

Any more thoughts on this 'pistol' mine is great plinker for smashing clays on back stop by no means a target pistol. Finish is poor with scratches and marks on black paint work. Had one guide rod break which was replaced with two FOC by the Tunnel.

Don't feel it is reliable enough for competitions as will fire 100s of rounds with out fault then for no reason regardless of how clean it will FTF or mis feed when most needed.

Fitted an alloy guide rod that seemed fine then first mag of practice for steel challenge it jammed well and truly, took a while to free up slide and gone back to standard guide rod.

Having said that it is great fun

Tim