Thread: ProTsc-1911 - Hands On

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I love mine, great fun.

have read that people have removed a spring or part of a spring to get rid of the magazine safety?

its annoying that you have to have a mag in it to decock it, makes a bit of a mockery of showing clear on the line, then having to put a mag back in to drop the hammer

anyone got any info or advice about changing that aspect

mines got home made barrel shroud, and hogue grips, shoots well, just looking at making a side mount rail to put a small red dot on the top
    Don't worry it only seems kinky the first time

Two ways of getting shot of the mag safety:

1. Replace mainspring housing with after-market version. Or,

2. Take out existing mainspring housing - pop out pin at rear base of frame. Remove mag safety bar and spring, refit housing and pin.

In both cases watch out for the flat spring that controls the trigger/grip safety, if it pops out of place it can take a little fiddling to re-seat properly and ensure hammer strut goes into the spring plunger in the MSH properly.

If all goes smoothly 5 minutes work, say 15 to 20 if the flat spring needs shuffling.

thanks, did that last night, and yes I did move the sear/trigger spring etc, but got it back together no probs

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    Collecting mine tomorrow - I can't wait for Sunday to shoot it
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

take ammunition, sorry lets rephrase that, take all you have and some money to buy some more

boff180 Guest
    Just a rolling update, have now fitted a fibre optic foresight made by kensight and it has made a world of difference. Combined with the Springfield Armoury adjustable rear sight, it makes the gun very pointable and I can actually aim it properly now

Other thing to highlight, a few other club members (not me) have experienced the recoil spring guide rod breaking, this is a known issue that is common in the states on the GSG-1911 caused by them changing production from a solid rod to a weaker "x" shaped rod. These are quickly replaced and a titanium one is now being produced by a third party to prevent this from happening.

Andy

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    Just got back home with mine, I think I got the last 1 of the 2nd batch.

According to Chris, they are probably not going to do another batch. So if you dont have one you probably wont get one.

But the GOOD news is that TSC are heavily into prototyping their own 1911. I had a quick look at them & they are sexy !! As a plus, all new TSC prototype parts will probably be interchangeable with GSG parts, e.g. frame, slide, mag etc.

I guess they will spread the news when they are ready.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)