Hi All,

Picked up my PROTSC-1911 from young Mr Starley yesterday afternoon and have decided to start a review thread for it.

I haven't shot it yet and will upload photo's and add another post to the thread once I have.

What do you get
You get the pistol, a 10-shot magazine (standard gsg-1911 mag), Viper carry case, tool kit and manual.
I opted for the standard wood grips which are of very high quality and I have added the stainless steel barrel shroud and pearce finger grips to the gun. A barrel shroud is a must, they look fugly without one.

Initial Thoughts
This lbp is superbly balanced and fits nicely in the hands, the trigger is also fairly light. Getting used to operating the gun with no-less than three safety mechanisms (standard, grip and magazine) is going to be a little tricky.... if you operate the slide/cock the gun without a magazine in it, you cannot de-cock the gun, you have to insert an empty magazine to do this. On the plus side, the slide auto locks back on last round and stays locked back while the magazine is changed.
The only niggle with mine is some slight damage to the slide, this has not been caused by manufacture, from where it is, I would summise that the proof house clamped it in a metal vice without protection! The mark has taken off the blueing by the front sight down to the metal, I've temporarily filled this with a black chip-stick until I can get a more permanent fix. I can however, confirm that the slide is definately some form of alloy!

Stripping
This thing is extremely easy to strip and clean. Removing one pin and a screw allows you to completely disassemble the slide and remove the barrel within 1 minute (with a bit of practice). The bolt and firing pin are (semi)permanently attached to the slide but with the slide taken off can be easily cleaned. The ability to remove the barrel (including the chamber and extractor) makes it a doddle to clean this! When I took mine apart I found the only lubriacation was on the bolt so I have coated all the contact surfaces on the barrel, slide and frame with a thin layer of oil just to help prevent wear.
The lower frame cannot be disassembled without voiding the warranty however due to the design all that is exposed to the firing chamber is the trigger sear and the magazine well, the rest of the mechanism seems to be sealed in such a way that crud should not get inside, a quick blast of lube down by the hammer should keep it running fine for a long time.

Re-assembly
Providing you remember to put the recoil spring back in the right direction and are gentle replacing the slide stop (a little fiddly), it takes about 2-3 minutes to get from fully stripped to ready to fire. I never thought a LBP would be so easy to take apart and put together.

I cannot wait to get down the range Sunday and put a few hundred rounds through this baby at 25 metres

Hope you find this of interest.

Andy