Thread: ProTsc-1911 - Hands On

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    boff180 Guest
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for letting me know, I'll dig out the micro-files

Andy

Hi,
    We put 1500 rounds through one of these last Saturday. One of the lads in our club is an RFD and he brought it along to give it a thorough testing before deciding if he was going to start selling them. The only failures it had were a few failures to feed and these were all with winchester subs, it cycled other makes of subsonic and standard ammo flawlessly.
    By the time we had put about 1000 rounds through the pistol it was absolutely filthy and yet it still functioned perfectly and never missed a beat!
    Am I buying one? You bet your ass I am!
    Cheers
    Ian

Pro tsc 1911

I understand from the guy who imports/constructs these that at least three traders at the Phoenix at Bisley this weekend will have them....

Why buy from an RFD who has one on his stand when you can phone the guy who makes them and order one direct ??

Hi Mike45

A friend of mine who is mad to get hold of one rung the importer and was told to email to register his interest and basically be put on a waiting list.

So in his case buying from a dealer who has one for sale would be a quicker option.

Granted he would then get a standard type gun and not one to his specs.

A dealer friend of mine is due to visit Bisley over the weekend hopefully to pick up one for us to try out.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    I understand from the guy who imports/constructs these that at least three traders at the Phoenix at Bisley this weekend will have them....
    It seemed like almost every stand had at least one on display, had my first look and they do seem nice.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    It seemed like almost every stand had at least one on display, had my first look and they do seem nice.
    Yeah. They struck me as very compact next to a Buckmark or .22LR revolver. If the other options haven't struck a cord, these might do! Someone had a slot for one at my club, so should see one in action soon.

Somtec, If you friend has a slot and money ready he can buy direct from the importer - there is stock ready to sell if he is ready to buy, also the aftermarket bits are in stock as well.

go on Mike spoil them with pics of yours to really start the rush to purchase

Just see my first one at Bisley. Very impressed.

Jim Starley is a lovely young man...

I've handled the Low Mill 1911, not fired it though. No experience of the TSC 1911..

I really liked the LM, it felt very natural to hold and wasn't overly heavy. If I had the cash and the right variation I'd go for it!

Is there any info on whats different in the new tsc 'elite' version ?

boff180 Guest
    Main difference is a steel slide.

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    Is there an upgrade available?
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)