Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: ProTsc-1911 - Hands On

Quote Originally Posted by Westcountry Tony View Post
    is your dot on the slide, ie ie moves with it?
    I didnt like that idea for myself, wasnt sure if the red dot would survive long? hows yours going?
    is it an expensive one?
    The dot is mounted to a bracket that comes from a small picatinny mounted underneath that comes up the side and over the slider so the dot does not move.

The holographic dot is a cheap one that I got for an air pistol that I had a couple of years ago. So far it has been faultless for over 1k shots. Only thing I have found is the zero tends to shift a bit but not because of the sight but the bracket if handled a bit rough. I could not get on with the standard open sights and I am not sure if the target rear adjustable version will fit with the bracket fitted.

I think I paid £35 for the holographic sight and although not marked I think it was made by NCStar.

My only wish would be for a lighter trigger pull.

this my first incarnation of a mount, shapes not quite right and messed up the bottom of the grip part, but most important is to see if it works and if I can shoot any better than with the open sights, which wont be hard

if it works, then will make a new one and have a fancy anodising job done on it.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...von/1911-1.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...evon/19111.jpg
    Don't worry it only seems kinky the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Westcountry Tony View Post
    this my first incarnation of a mount, shapes not quite right and messed up the bottom of the grip part, but most important is to see if it works and if I can shoot any better than with the open sights, which wont be hard
    Nice idea but will there be a problem with shells bouncing back in and jamming ?

No worries about that. The back edge of the bracket is well in front of the chamber edge.

Put a few rounds thru it with bracket in place and no problems.

Will go out and zero/test friday. Shooting this weekend at bisley with it. So thats a good test.

Been trying to find a make of subs that will cycle reliably in mine but no luck to date! Has anybody found some that work well?
    Cheers
    Ian

Same as i feed all my 22 semis
    sk standard plus.

Been using up the last of my rws target and that runs fine too. Come to think of it i cant think of an ammo that doesnt cycle it.

My slide slams forward with far more gusto than my mates. His sort of glides forward more softly. Whereas mines fast forward and makes a satisfying clunk.

His cycles fine too but is strange how they are so different.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtydawk View Post
    Been trying to find a make of subs that will cycle reliably in mine but no luck to date! Has anybody found some that work well?
    Cheers
    Ian
    Hi Ian

I still get the odd one that does not fire but so far the CCI mini mags are best in mine. Mind you it was a lot worse until I removed the slide and smothed the slide with some fine wet and dry and a very light smear of grease on a finger. I think they are all different, just keep trying. I assume you have tried the Gecos in rifle and pistol versions.

boff180 Guest
    Cheers
    Ian
    Mine eats cci standard all day long, only issue I sometimes get is a failure to feed the.first round if I use the slide release. The round flips up vertically rather than chambering.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by boff180 View Post
    Mine eats cci standard all day long, only issue I sometimes get is a failure to feed the.first round if I use the slide release. The round flips up vertically rather than chambering.

Andy
    I have used CCI and Remington sub-sonics and both have the occasional failure to feed. I normally use Geko or Remington standards and it runs all day long on them. I was hoping that somebody from here was feeding theirs on sub-sonics and could recommend another brand of sub-sonics to try.

ATB

Ian

SK standard plus, not cheap at about £75 per 1000, but a VERY good round.

There is currently a link on Henry Kranks website for an e-petition which if 100 000 people sign then it will force a debate in the commons about lifting the ban on .22 pistols. Certainly worth taking the 5 minutes to complete the form!!

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    There is currently a link on Henry Kranks website for an e-petition which if 100 000 people sign then it will force a debate in the commons about lifting the ban on .22 pistols. Certainly worth taking the 5 minutes to complete the form!!
    Thanks mate. Its already got good coverage here -
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....or-.22-pistols
    but the more people that pass the word around the better. I'd rather hear about it 10 times than never
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

Any more thoughts on this 'pistol' mine is great plinker for smashing clays on back stop by no means a target pistol. Finish is poor with scratches and marks on black paint work. Had one guide rod break which was replaced with two FOC by the Tunnel.

Don't feel it is reliable enough for competitions as will fire 100s of rounds with out fault then for no reason regardless of how clean it will FTF or mis feed when most needed.

Fitted an alloy guide rod that seemed fine then first mag of practice for steel challenge it jammed well and truly, took a while to free up slide and gone back to standard guide rod.

Having said that it is great fun

Tim

A recoil spring guide rod is a waste of space on a 1911. Get rid of it and revert to a standard set up. As for reliability, I feel it's the ammo that is the problem, what are you using?
    Webley Vulcan .22, Webley Tempest .177, Beeman Kodiak .25, Beeman R9 .177, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Slavia 618 .177, Colt Commander .45ACP, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bushmaster AR-15 5.56/.223

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    I feel it handles better without the barrel shroud, "accuracy" is unaffected. I recently saw someone who had removed the foresight from the slide and made one for the muzzle of the barrel, not sure how it shot. I was considering modifying the thread protector with a foresight.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)