Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: ProTsc-1911 - Hands On

thats effectively what I did with mine, gives you the longer sight radius

Ive now got a red dot on top of mine and love it

Im still rubbish with it, but my shooting is about having fun now, my scores in comps are not good enough to actually worry about

I rested mine on a rolled up bit of carpet and at 25m with my red dot, it shot just over 1" group, Im not the best at that sort of shooting, thats 10 rounds, the first 5-6 were actually all very tight and close, so maybe thats a better indication of what its capable of.

Im out with it this weekend, so perhaps given the time I will try again, got T&P1 match to shoot with it
    Don't worry it only seems kinky the first time

Jim Starley is a lovely young man...

I've handled the Low Mill 1911, not fired it though. No experience of the TSC 1911..

I really liked the LM, it felt very natural to hold and wasn't overly heavy. If I had the cash and the right variation I'd go for it!

Is there any info on whats different in the new tsc 'elite' version ?

boff180 Guest
    Main difference is a steel slide.

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    Is there an upgrade available?
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

Don't think it is steel but polished alloy with pattern on as steel would make it too heavy for slide to work. so only cosmetic differance?

Exclamation

I am looking to fit a match grade barrel bushing to mine, does anybody know which diameter I need or is it as simple as measuring the outside diameter of barrel?
    Cheers
    Ian

boff180 Guest
    I know one person that has fitted a tighter bushing, the pistol will now only function with HV as the tolerances are too tight.

I believe a modification is being worked on at the moment involving a new bushing and replacing the barrel lock screw with a steel/tungsten plug threaded to recieve a steel screw to fix the stripping problem and massively improve accuracy.

Andy

Does anyone know the thread size at the end of the Pro TSC barrel ? Thinking of making a carbon fibre mock silencer to get some weight off as I don't like the bare barrel look.

Picked mine up today and had a look at the gunsmith bush but didnt bother (for now). Its made as a tight fit and you polish it down to fit your particular gun. Got to be honest though as when you look at the action/barrel fit any movement is in the frame slide and not movement in the barrel. Ok, you dont want loads of slop in the bush but removing any clearance there will only effect the slide not the barrel.??? Tim

boff180 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tim56 View Post
    Picked mine up today and had a look at the gunsmith bush but didnt bother (for now). Its made as a tight fit and you polish it down to fit your particular gun. Got to be honest though as when you look at the action/barrel fit any movement is in the frame slide and not movement in the barrel. Ok, you dont want loads of slop in the bush but removing any clearance there will only effect the slide not the barrel.??? Tim
    There is actually alot of movement in the barrel on the TSC if the screw isn't really tight, as a result the screws are stripping and it is strongly recommended to hella coil a steel thread in and use a bigger, better screw!

Andy

Hi Andy. Heard about keeping the screw tight so checked mine 3 or 4 times today and it stayed tight. Shot over 200 rds and it performed faultlessly although im finding its shooting about 4" down and to the right. First time out though and its certainly a fun gun to use. Only problem is picking up all the spent cases as the action spits em out all over the place.

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    I've just noticed that the recoil spring plug is getting worn down where it contacts the barrel bushing on mine, anyone else notice this ?
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

Just been playing with mine and noticed the blue is certainly rubbing off in several places, including the plunger. Also, I measured the barrel to bush clearance by removing the bush and measuring the barrel dia with a vernier then measured the inner dia of the bush. .042" clearance seems a bit exsesive to me. Think i might have to think about an after market bush so what are you guys doing with yours?? Std or after market?? Tried resting it on a flat surface and holding two handed at 20yds with Geco pistol and got a 10 shot group in a 2" vertical row so plenty of room for improvement. Dont think a lot to the std sights either but will sort them once pistol accuracy is improved. Got to say im still lovin the gun though. Tim