Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ProTsc-1911 - Hands On

Pro tsc 1911

I understand from the guy who imports/constructs these that at least three traders at the Phoenix at Bisley this weekend will have them....

Why buy from an RFD who has one on his stand when you can phone the guy who makes them and order one direct ??

Hi Mike45

A friend of mine who is mad to get hold of one rung the importer and was told to email to register his interest and basically be put on a waiting list.

So in his case buying from a dealer who has one for sale would be a quicker option.

Granted he would then get a standard type gun and not one to his specs.

A dealer friend of mine is due to visit Bisley over the weekend hopefully to pick up one for us to try out.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    I understand from the guy who imports/constructs these that at least three traders at the Phoenix at Bisley this weekend will have them....
    It seemed like almost every stand had at least one on display, had my first look and they do seem nice.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    It seemed like almost every stand had at least one on display, had my first look and they do seem nice.
    Yeah. They struck me as very compact next to a Buckmark or .22LR revolver. If the other options haven't struck a cord, these might do! Someone had a slot for one at my club, so should see one in action soon.

Somtec, If you friend has a slot and money ready he can buy direct from the importer - there is stock ready to sell if he is ready to buy, also the aftermarket bits are in stock as well.

go on Mike spoil them with pics of yours to really start the rush to purchase

boff180 Guest
    Well she went out for another 200 round shoot this morning, at one stage there were 4 of us with Pro-TSC's in a row at Wedgnock!

Starting to really get to grips with it now and can report the tightest group we could get with minimag or standard is 1.5inches at 25 metres. I am wondering if this has something to do with the little bit of vertical "play" the barrel has? Even though it's held in place by 2 pins and a screw, you can phyiscally move the barrel up and down very slightly at the muzzle, there seems to be a bit of a gap on the bushing to aid movement causing it. All 4 had this.

Other than that, I did have a few first round feed issues from one mag, seemed to be gummed up with wax, a short squirt of Napier gun cleaner/lube soon sorted that and she then went back to 100% function.

The slide has now worn in and is as smooth as silk, I would however, recommend that anyone who has one fully cleans and re-lubes all the parts after each shoot. I noticed the granules off Eley and CCI ammo were collecting in the slide rails, these are like sandpaper (supposedly are glass in the case of Eley) and if not removed could cause uneven/premature wearing over time.

One thing we all agreed on, we love the gun but loath the sights! But maybe we're just spoilt!

Andy

Just see my first one at Bisley. Very impressed.

Ash, I dont know how to post pictures on here, otherwise I would !

Guys, I have been working with Rich to get this project off the ground so if there are any gripes you can send them my way, firstly I am aware some people are concerned with accuracy, mainly people who want to shoot sub 1' groups a 25m. Well firstly you need to be certain the allen screw holding the barrel on is super tight, dont OVER tighten it as you will strip the threads, but make sure it is done up nicely. Secondly find a .22 round that gives you consistent accuracy and reliability, thirdly change the sights if you dont like them !! I have already swapped my sights for a skinny fibre optic one from Caspian and an adjustable rear sight from STI, this will help no end. Lastly remember this is not a converted .22 rifle, it is a pistol designed for a 5' barrel that has been lengthened to 12', the rifling may not be the best for a rifle length barrel but perfect for a pistol, I dont know, but if I could get a 1.5' group from my .40 STI in the States it would be way accurate for my needs and would be chuffed with that !

We have never advertised these as a replacement for an Olympic UIT pistol, it is what it is, a pretty reliable and pretty accurate little gun that is a lot of fun to own and shoot !

Mike

boff180 Guest
    Mike,

Could you send me a link to the STI/Caspian sights please? Was looking at the Springfield Armoury rear sight myself but would like to look at what else is out there.

Ta

Andy

Andy, the Springfield Adjustable rear sight is a good choice and I have also ordered a bunch for the shop and will be putting one on my gun, the Novak adjustable is also a good choice and not that expensive.

The front sights are here: http://www.caspianarms.com/Merchant2...egory_Code=S23

Rich has a few in stock if you fancy one, or they can be ordered from Brownells, buy the Novak cut ones.

I'm really pleased you're enjoying your 1911 LBP and it sure looks like a lot of fun, but looking at that pistol brings home to you just how irrational our firearms laws are.
    Good deals with: Baz, foxshooter, vbull, leadhead, Gary C/Slim Shady, coddy, rixy, David, Baldie, BoNeS, mjonho, Reeco.

Roodles is offline Stellen sie Fragen über Fragen
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris St. MH View Post
    but looking at that pistol brings home to you just how irrational our firearms laws are.
    It becomes very apparent when you try and explain it to a non-shooter, who hasn't heard about the laws before

Handled one yesterday on the range in Cornwall, felt and balanced like a real 1911 and the extra long barrel and rear coat hanger extension were not noticeable when looking down the sights, that maybe due to the aluminium alloy construction. I suspect a Low Mills steel frame and slide model would be considerably heavier and may not feel as well balanced but am only guessing.

The pistol ran reliably with the variety of .22lr that was being used but was not particularly accurate, that may have been down to the shooter as he was not bench shooting and as has already been said its not a UIT Pistol.

What was noticeable was the big smile on his face when he had emptied a few magazines.