Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ProTsc-1911 - Hands On

Oh i wish my variation would hurry up. Got one gathering dust at PJS's

boff180 Guest
    Don't worry Griff, I was there today, he has his own on display with a rather spiffing red dot on it.... just bought another 1000 rounds to put through mine and ordered the adjustable rear sight from him :-)

Andy

Got one gathering dust at PJS's
    I think he may have already sold it as he ordered another ten today and wants them on the hurry up !

What rear sight have you gone for Andy?

I think Peter has put the serendipty red dot on his...

Corrie
    Nb. Im ignoring the 'hes sold yours' gib..

boff180 Guest
    This one
    http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/eproduc...eItemID=721189

They are getting a lot of interest on the Wedgnock ranges, I wouldn't be surprised if PJS has had an influx of orders.

Andy

This is a video of me shooting mine. I have just had a custom barrel shroud made that looks very much like the a Gemtech Blackside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ytU1VVtG6k

Hi
    Two guys had them at the range yesterday both picked up at Bisley.
    One shot a decent group,about a foot low at 25m but continually light striked with remington ammo ,always went off by thumb cocking the hammer and firing again.
    The other one run about 80rds mixed of minimags winchester wildcat,t22,thunderbolts and fired everytime and ran flawlessly near point of aim but as can be expected with the mix of ammo didnt produce such a good group.
    Having tried the light striking one Iam still hooked and will be putting in for a variation asap, didnt notice the bar or the fake suppressor at all.
    Should be a fun gun just need to sell a few more bits to raise the necessary funds.
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by ShootingChannel View Post
    This is a video of me shooting mine. I have just had a custom barrel shroud made that looks very much like the a Gemtech Blackside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ytU1VVtG6k
    Great news! I can’t wait to see the new style shroud because that is the only thing that is stopping me from buying one.
    When it arrives could you post some pics and info please?
    That would be great. Cheers Paul

Stonecutter, the two shrouds that are made can be seen in the various photos o the website, one resembles a kind of 007 generic type of silencer, the other is modeled on a MK 23 Socom silencer. If neither of these two designs float your boat our engineers can easily mock you one up to your own design - it will cost a little more with the CAD work and possible extra machining but is entirely possible and whatever design you want can be made.

Our engineers are gun nuts themselves and love to make custom cool bits for their own guns so will be more than happy helping you with this.

Give Rich a call at the Tunnel and have a chat with him about it.

Mike

thanks

Hi Mike, thanks for the heads up!
    Richard sent me some photos a while back and I am sorry to say that neither of the 2 barrel shrouds that i have seen as stock items float my boat!
    I don’t want anything fancy just a plain tube without the dimples or grooves would do me fine.
    Cheers Paul

Quote Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
    Hi Mike, thanks for the heads up!
    Richard sent me some photos a while back and I am sorry to say that neither of the 2 barrel shrouds that i have seen as stock items float my boat!
    I don’t want anything fancy just a plain tube without the dimples or grooves would do me fine.
    Cheers Paul
    Why dont you buy it without the shroud. Without the shroud it is just a plain tube with a small thread on the end.

AD

Quote Originally Posted by AD_K View Post
    Why dont you buy it without the shroud. Without the shroud it is just a plain tube with a small thread on the end.

AD
    Hi AD, yes that was going to be my plan B. I have just got to convince my friend who just happens to be an Engineer to make me a nice one!

I handled one today and love it, I intend to order one next month with no fake mod, and make my own one, some alloy bar bored and threaded accordingly, then sleeved with a carbon fibre tube. will give the loko I want, but retain the current balance of the one I tried out.

balances and feels better than the buckmark, only gripe I have at the moment is the vertical play in the barrel.

as per others on here I dont like the sights, but easy to change.

as a stock out of the bag gun, the trigger while not being light, is crisp and I could live with it happily.

spare mags and some extensions for the bottom of the mags will be on my shopping list.
    Don't worry it only seems kinky the first time

only gripe I have at the moment is the vertical play in the barrel.
    Tony,

Glad you like it... its a cool piece of kit...and I will say once again...... DO THE BOLT UP !!!

Do that screw up firm and the barrel will NOT move !!

ok thanks, will bear that in mind, the one I handled wasnt mine, belonged to my RFD that had collected from Richard at the Tunnels, he had tested it and found it to be reliable and good fun, hoping to see it in action on the range this sunday
    Don't worry it only seems kinky the first time