Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ProTsc-1911 - Hands On

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    ^ Looks cool.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

Quote Originally Posted by ShootingChannel View Post
    Very nice, did you make the shroud yourself ? everytime I see one of these I wan't one a bit more.....

thanks

[QUOTE=ShootingChannel;4980017]Here are some pictures of mine with a new custom made shroud:

http://i53.tinypic.com/2qid5i9.jpg

Yes very nice indeed plain and simple!

Thanks for the pics, well that has made my mind up Cheers Paul

Hi
    Tried a brand new one at the range yesterday with a view to buying it but couldnt get it to fire, the hammer would not drop, occasionally it would drop but 99% of the time nothing.
    At least 5 of us tried it and we are all experienced 1911 owners from the good ol days.
    Mag was in , thumb safety off and grip safety pressed in as far as possible.
    Iam guessing that one of the safeties was still engaging the sear or trigger but obviously we couldnt strip it down.
    Didnt want to put a deposit on a non working pistol.
    Two others on the range at the time were working perfectly so probably just a problem with this one.
    Anyone have any ideas as to the likely cause of the problem, it was bought dealer to dealer at Bisley so it didnt come direct from the Tunnel.
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by somtec View Post
    Hi
    Tried a brand new one at the range yesterday with a view to buying it but couldnt get it to fire, the hammer would not drop, occasionally it would drop but 99% of the time nothing.
    At least 5 of us tried it and we are all experienced 1911 owners from the good ol days.
    Mag was in , thumb safety off and grip safety pressed in as far as possible.
    Iam guessing that one of the safeties was still engaging the sear or trigger but obviously we couldnt strip it down.
    Didnt want to put a deposit on a non working pistol.
    Two others on the range at the time were working perfectly so probably just a problem with this one.
    Anyone have any ideas as to the likely cause of the problem, it was bought dealer to dealer at Bisley so it didnt come direct from the Tunnel.
    Peter
    Wonder if the disconnector is naff. Did you take the slide off to have a closer look? The 1911 is a simple pistol, what ever is playing up on it won't cost that much to fix.
    Webley Vulcan .22, Webley Tempest .177, Beeman Kodiak .25, Beeman R9 .177, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Slavia 618 .177, Colt Commander .45ACP, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bushmaster AR-15 5.56/.223

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    Quote Originally Posted by somtec View Post
    Tried a brand new one at the range yesterday with a view to buying it
    Whats the position on shooting a LBR thats not on your FAC ? I know larger calibres are out, are .22 OK now ? I knew it was being discussed, not sure if it went through.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

Hi
    Could be the disconnector but it should be working straight out the box. Didnt strip it as it wasnt mine to strip

Cant see any laws being broken as we never actually fired it just tried too get it to, without success, didnt even actually get it onto the range just in the shop.

Peter

what ever is playing up on it won't cost that much to fix.
    Its not going to cost anything to fix - get the RFD to send it to The Tunnel,
    Axminster Road, Charmouth, Dorset, DT6 6BY and call Rich on 01297 560049 and let him know its coming - I just spoke to him about it and we will repair it and turn it round the next day. We will pay postage naturally.

This is the first time we have encountered that issue - as said its probably an easy fix and its on warranty of course.

Mike

nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by mike.45 View Post
    Its not going to cost anything to fix - get the RFD to send it to The Tunnel,
    Axminster Road, Charmouth, Dorset, DT6 6BY and call Rich on 01297 560049 and let him know its coming - I just spoke to him about it and we will repair it and turn it round the next day. We will pay postage naturally.

This is the first time we have encountered that issue - as said its probably an easy fix and its on warranty of course.

Mike
    Now that’s what i call proper after sales service! Nice one Mike.

Stonecutter
    Cant agree more ,not many are prepared to stand behind stuff these days.

Mike45

Many thanks for your offer, may be next week before anthing happens as the range/shop is only open on weds sats and sundays.
    Will try and get there weds evening and have another go, if not i will pass on the details.
    thanks cant fault your service and customer back up and i havent even bought it yet.

Like i said earlier the two others in use were working brilliantly, 100% reliable,even as fast as you could pull the trigger, werent going for accuracy just having a good time.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by davederrick View Post
    Whats the position on shooting a LBR thats not on your FAC ? I know larger calibres are out, are .22 OK now ? I knew it was being discussed, not sure if it went through.
    I hear that you can now shoot a Buckmark .22 LBP that is not on your ticket as they used to be rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by ShootingChannel View Post
    I hear that you can now shoot a Buckmark .22 LBP that is not on your ticket as they used to be rifles.
    Incorrect. Your referring to the court case of Mike Well's who purchased a Buckmark conversion as a club FAC. yes he won in court. However the judge did say that this was not a precident to allow club LBR and LBP use or use of someone's within a club. That being said further clarification will be made on LBR/LBP, section 1 shotguns and .50 cal rifles within the firearms act review.

any further reviews or opinions on these?

Im hoping to get one this Friday if I can juggle a few things about.

my first impressions werent bad, and a few personal tweaks and idea on it, should make it more of my own

anyone been changing the sights? as I dont like the ones on it, what options you gone for, whats your impressions of them?
    Don't worry it only seems kinky the first time

get mine this Friday, hopefully have a play with it, make my shroud next week and add to this review.

best go buy a heap of cheap ammo, think Im gonna be using quite a bit LOL
    Don't worry it only seems kinky the first time