Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ProTsc-1911 - Hands On

i got mine today, off to shoot it shortly.
    i tried to buy one at the newark shooting show months back but they weren't any forsale then.
    what did you make your shroud from, it looks better than their one?

regards chris

My variation finally came through so picking mine up tomorrow...can't wait!!

Corrie

Quote Originally Posted by griffc View Post
    My variation finally came through so picking mine up tomorrow...can't wait!!

Corrie
    hope you buy enough to go around!

got mine and a fistfull of magazines, as well as a set of hogue grips

Im a little confused as mines different internally to the handbook, and Im sure the one I dissasembled last week, dont know if there are different versions of this about?

my recoil spring and rod assembly has a metal spacer and a clear rubber buffer, these are not shown in the handbook?

wood grips will be coming off, they are very sharp, hogue grips going on.

first impressions are good, couple of things to do, making my own shroud with carbon fibre tube next week, change of sights is planned

and going to radius the edge of the slide release as well as make an extended version, the front edge appears to bang up the notch in the slide, peens it out slightly, and the one I have seen hasnt done a lot of shooting, so would rather avoid that from the outset

hopefully get out with it Sunday to shoot at some targets, big learning curve for me as Im a rifle shooter.
    Don't worry it only seems kinky the first time

Ive put about 400 rounds through it over the weekend with zero jams. Used stingers, remington thunderbolts and geko with the latter being the best for me. Managed around 3 inches at 25 yards. Was using the middle height foresight and was having to obscure the target so ill change it - didnt fancy using that hair thin allen key at the range. Also found the front post very wide.

Its an awesome toy and if cant afford one there is a reason you have 2 kidneys..

Corrie

Quote Originally Posted by Westcountry Tony View Post
    got mine and a fistfull of magazines, as well as a set of hogue grips

Im a little confused as mines different internally to the handbook, and Im sure the one I dissasembled last week, dont know if there are different versions of this about?

my recoil spring and rod assembly has a metal spacer and a clear rubber buffer, these are not shown in the handbook?
    The rubber buffer you refer is a "Shok Buff" washer designed to prevent the slide from battering the frame. The metal spacer maybe there to put some preload on the recoil spring.
    Webley Vulcan .22, Webley Tempest .177, Beeman Kodiak .25, Beeman R9 .177, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Slavia 618 .177, Colt Commander .45ACP, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bushmaster AR-15 5.56/.223

ok so pretty much the same story from me, I just ran some cheap ol remington target through it, £53 per 1000

350 rounds today, had 2 FTF, purely down to the ammo, big positive firing pin strikes on both occasions, reloaded the ammo and it went 2nd time when being struck in a different place on the rim.

handling is good, but the only way I could get the sights on at 25m was to obscure and that was leaving too much guess work.

pistol shooting is very new to me, I have no idea what stance or grip etc will work for me, so all about experimenting, so far Im just shooting at a 3" disc at 25m, hitting it about 85% of the time, but having huge fun

sights deffo need changing, but not 100% sure what way to go yet, probably some sort of fibre optic setup like I had on a marlin, the firesights, them I liked

so far its all been good, reliable, good fun, trigger is not bad for an out of the box trigger, trouble is Im used to very light and crisp rifle triggers.

hoping to get my shroud done this week, and some different sighting system on, even if its just for comparison

I dont fancy drilling and tapping the lower frame to fit a bridge type mount for a red dot, so not sure what I will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Westcountry Tony View Post
    ok so pretty much the same story from me, I just ran some cheap ol remington target through it, £53 per 1000.
    Holy moly, ammo prices are outrageous in "Rip Off Britain"- I can get 525 Remington high velocity for $15!!!
    Webley Vulcan .22, Webley Tempest .177, Beeman Kodiak .25, Beeman R9 .177, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Slavia 618 .177, Colt Commander .45ACP, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bushmaster AR-15 5.56/.223

the half decent stuff that I run all the rest of the .22 on, is SK standard plus, thats about £78 per 1000

buying 2500 of them sure makes the wallet sting

I did run about 30 of the SK through the 1911 today. they were far more consistent than the cheap stuff, but didnt want to use too much of them

these are proper subs, and cycled the action perfectly as had the rest of the ammo.

on a mission to sort a scope/red dot mount.

Tony, speak to Richard - he has all the mounts and dots for your gun that you could wish for !

Thanks mike. Will do. For now and because i like making things i have made my own setup. And aside from a tweak for the poi on target. The setup works well and is accurate. Pics up here as soon as i get a chance.

well, as previously mentioned I knocked up a custom shroud of my own for my 1911.

the alloy parts will be sandblasted then duracoated black, they will fit in a bit more then.

the sights are now on a much longer sight radius and this particular setup seems to work well for me.

another 100 rounds through it this evening, no stoppages or jams,

sorry about rubbish photo, will try to get a decent one taken.
    http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...devon/1911.jpg

Tony..... you say you are a rifle shooter.... well it would take a rifle shooter to do that to a 1911 !!!

Just kidding ! If it works for you mate then go with it !!!
    Last edited by mike.45; 29-06-2011 at 07:11 AM.

boff180 Guest
    Just picked up my adjustable sights this evening.

They are 0.006" bigger than the dovetail cut, so will be fitted next week when I get time

Andy

Are the barrel shrouds an option to buy with the gun as an extra or do you have to have a search elsewhere?
    I am not up to date on these delightful bits of gear.
    Cheers.