Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ProTsc-1911 - Hands On

They are an optional extra offered by TSC, available in two styles, or you could make your own as per other posters on this thread.

Make me own It would look like a broomstick

boff180 Guest
    Evening all,

We fitted the Springfield Armoury adjustable sights to mine tonight, going to try them out Friday!

Not that difficult to fit, we barely had to file them, only champfer the points to get it started as they were very sharp and catching.

Here are a few shots of it fitted!
    http://www.evansaviography.co.uk/stuff/tsc01.jpg
    http://www.evansaviography.co.uk/stuff/tsc02.jpg
    http://www.evansaviography.co.uk/stuff/tsc03.jpg
    http://www.evansaviography.co.uk/stuff/tsc04.jpg

Andy

I made a custom recoil spring guide and plunger tube for mine:

http://www.airrifle.co.za/picture.ph...ictureid=12606

Having read up on the GSG which this is based upon, there have been some issues with them breaking the later version cast spring guides. The spring guide rod is 5mm silver steel and is a bit longer than the standard version, the base is aluminium - the rod is retained in the base by 3 socket set screws and a generous helping of loctite. The plunger tube is turned from 1/2" silver steel and is a snug fit in the slide. The extra weight does not interfere with the cycling.

How it looks when fitted:

http://www.airrifle.co.za/picture.ph...ictureid=12604
    Last edited by rockdrill; 07-07-2011 at 10:54 AM.

boff180 Guest
    Tried the sights today, what a difference!

Excellent fun and when really trying single handed could hold a 1 inch group at 25 metres

One note though regarding the screw, yes locking it down as tight as possible stops the barrel moving however we have found over the course of a shoot, it starts to work loose. Needing tightening every 60 rounds or so but no biggy.

One final operational comment, the third "magazine" safety is a P.I.T.A, requiring a magazine in the gun to de-cock it on the range as part of the clearing to put away procedure, clearing as part of minirifle procedure or cleaning it! This safety is part of the original GSG design.

One thing club members have now started doing is disabling this safety, it leaves the gun perfectly safe with the grip and manual safeties intact; all it does is allow the trigger and hammer to operate without a magazine in the gun which in alot of range situations is actually safer! It's a quick 5 minute job and involves removing the main spring housing and taking two bits of metal off it that are under pressure... then replace the housing. Thats it!

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by boff180 View Post
    single handed could hold a 1 inch group at 25 metres
    WOW

I dohave this pistol but I know it's basically the gsg 1911, I had a gsg5-sd and I found that the safety thing was annoying as hell, I found a picture by picture step by step in the work involved in taking the internal safety thing out, once this was done I could clear the weapon wining having to put the magazine back in. To deck it. 100times better so this is maybe worth doing for clearing at ranges.

Just though I'd add that in after reading the above post

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by boff180 View Post
    Excellent fun and when really trying single handed could hold a 1 inch group at 25 metres
    That's very good. About 3" inches (I think) is usually a good standard with a pistol at that distance.

I was shooting an Alfa .22LR revolver a few days ago. Choice is pretty thin on .22LR pistols, so it's maybe worth mentioning for those in the market. Nice and solid with a good finish, plus it had provisions for a stock, but the grip was quite small, although nicely contoured and well made. It was either 9 or 10 shot. Not bad D/A, but nothing special.

Alfa are supposedly quite cheap next to Taurus. I was getting about 5" or 6" inch groups with Rem Thunderbolts which is similar to what a friend would usually get with his Taurus and Mini-Mags. Only get one day a month practise with pistols these days, but it would probably have been excellent with good ammunition and more practise.

With the way revolvers generally available here are, these 1911s or a Buckmark are best in my opinion.

Pro tsc 1911

I understand the 1911 is now sold out with new deliveries expected September!

Hey guys, I'm curious. The stock that is attached to the bottom of the frame at the mag well:Is that a permanent attachment? Does removing it render the pistol illegal? I presume it's required so the pistol meets the length requirement.
    Webley Vulcan .22, Webley Tempest .177, Beeman Kodiak .25, Beeman R9 .177, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Slavia 618 .177, Colt Commander .45ACP, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bushmaster AR-15 5.56/.223

boff180 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanator View Post
    Hey guys, I'm curious. The stock that is attached to the bottom of the frame at the mag well:Is that a permanent attachment? Does removing it render the pistol illegal? I presume it's required so the pistol meets the length requirement.
    Yes, Yes and Yes.

Andy

well i love my pro tsc , put about 500 rounds through it. does get dirty, easy to strip and clean.
    i know the first batch has sold out. i got mine from my mate and i know he has one in stock due to a welcher saying he would have it then pulling out. so it new never fired, i think it has the shroud , 2 mags with bump stops.
    chris

Just been to the range last night and put 100+ rounds through my TSC 1911....

Question for people in the know.....

I am using the medium front sight blade and having to totally obscure the target, so want to place the top of the blade across the centre line of the bull..... Which blade do I need to change to???? Shortest or Longest?

Help would be appreciated, but overall a great pistol, no jams of FTF.

Excellent
    Sako Finnfire Varmint .22 LR - CZ 452 Varmint .17 HMR - Custom Remington 700 .223 - Remington 700 Police .308 - Stolle Panda 6PPC Bench Rest - Savage F-Class 6.5x284 - Custom 6mmBR

If I am reading your post correctly your pistol is shooting low?

If that is the case the lower front sight will raise the POI.

Best solution in the long run is buy an adjustable rear sight such as the LPA mentioned above - excellent sight for the money.

You goy it in one, it is shooting low.

Thanks for the advice, I will change it tonight.

Adjustable sight is the next thing on the wish list

Cheers
    Sako Finnfire Varmint .22 LR - CZ 452 Varmint .17 HMR - Custom Remington 700 .223 - Remington 700 Police .308 - Stolle Panda 6PPC Bench Rest - Savage F-Class 6.5x284 - Custom 6mmBR