Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: ProTsc-1911 - Hands On

Hi chaps, really enjoying this review as I am picking one up this month, I mainly do Practical Mini-Rifle and PSG so am looking forward to breaking in to this new discipline, I have been practising with a 1911 Air gun, and am unsure if I am going to cope with Iron sights as my eyes seem to be 'Hunting' all the time between front and rear sights which doesn't make for a quick sight picture, so I might have to Red Dot it, I asked on the four Islands forum about Pistol stances it seems the Isosceles stance is the preferred stance for Practical shooting as opposed to the weaver or modified weaver stance, any opinions on that welcome..

ATB

Hi Guys,

I took a bit of HD video of my TSC 1911. Make sure you watch the video in either 720p or 1080p for the HD quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTw-NyLlxYM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xscGhlOvJq0

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by ShootingChannel View Post
    Hi Guys,

I took a bit of HD video of my TSC 1911. Make sure you watch the video in either 720p or 1080p for the HD quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTw-NyLlxYM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xscGhlOvJq0

Enjoy!
    I thought long barreled pistols had to be a certain length to comply with the U.K. Firearms act?
    Webley Vulcan .22, Webley Tempest .177, Beeman Kodiak .25, Beeman R9 .177, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Slavia 618 .177, Colt Commander .45ACP, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bushmaster AR-15 5.56/.223

They do. The TSC 1911 has a 12" barrel which is hidden under the barrel shroud (shaped like a silencer) and it also has the counter balance rod coming out the rear of the mag well to make it over 24" in total. You can't see of feel the counter balance when you shoot which is a bonus. At the end of the first video you can see the bar as i unload the gun. Its just handy that its position means it usually hidden by your arm.

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    Didn't I hear you had problems with some parts bending on yours ? What was the problem.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

I found that the guide rod was rubbing very slightly which gave it a slighty rough feeling when I cycled the slide. I've taken it apart and just turned it up the other way and its fine now.

I would ditch the guide rod and go with the standard recoil spring and plunger set up. Easier to field strip with no loss of accuracy or functionality, which is the standard rationaliztion for the full length guide rod.
    Webley Vulcan .22, Webley Tempest .177, Beeman Kodiak .25, Beeman R9 .177, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Slavia 618 .177, Colt Commander .45ACP, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bushmaster AR-15 5.56/.223

Tiff is offline Oh, gosh I missed it again.
    I've had my ProTsc 1911 for a few months now and after aprox. 10,000 rounds it is still doing very well. Mines set-up with the black hogue grips and Shield Mini Sight.
    To anyone looking at getting one I can certainly recommend fitting the magazine bumpers and buying twice as many mags as you think you'll need
    As for accuracy, last week at 20 yards LSR I shot an 85 unrested with it, using a Shield Mini Sight; so certainly no complaints! It seems the more I use it the sweeter it shoots.

I did however find within 50 rounds that I prefer to shoot it without the TSC black dimpled barrel shroud, so I'm looking at selling it. It cost me £55 + post and is mint, so I'm asking £40 posted. Please pm me if interested, to avoid messing up this great review thread.

I love mine, great fun.

have read that people have removed a spring or part of a spring to get rid of the magazine safety?

its annoying that you have to have a mag in it to decock it, makes a bit of a mockery of showing clear on the line, then having to put a mag back in to drop the hammer

anyone got any info or advice about changing that aspect

mines got home made barrel shroud, and hogue grips, shoots well, just looking at making a side mount rail to put a small red dot on the top
    Don't worry it only seems kinky the first time

Two ways of getting shot of the mag safety:

1. Replace mainspring housing with after-market version. Or,

2. Take out existing mainspring housing - pop out pin at rear base of frame. Remove mag safety bar and spring, refit housing and pin.

In both cases watch out for the flat spring that controls the trigger/grip safety, if it pops out of place it can take a little fiddling to re-seat properly and ensure hammer strut goes into the spring plunger in the MSH properly.

If all goes smoothly 5 minutes work, say 15 to 20 if the flat spring needs shuffling.

thanks, did that last night, and yes I did move the sear/trigger spring etc, but got it back together no probs

Collecting mine tomorrow - I can't wait for Sunday to shoot it
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

take ammunition, sorry lets rephrase that, take all you have and some money to buy some more

boff180 Guest
    Just a rolling update, have now fitted a fibre optic foresight made by kensight and it has made a world of difference. Combined with the Springfield Armoury adjustable rear sight, it makes the gun very pointable and I can actually aim it properly now

Other thing to highlight, a few other club members (not me) have experienced the recoil spring guide rod breaking, this is a known issue that is common in the states on the GSG-1911 caused by them changing production from a solid rod to a weaker "x" shaped rod. These are quickly replaced and a titanium one is now being produced by a third party to prevent this from happening.

Andy

Just got back home with mine, I think I got the last 1 of the 2nd batch.

According to Chris, they are probably not going to do another batch. So if you dont have one you probably wont get one.

But the GOOD news is that TSC are heavily into prototyping their own 1911. I had a quick look at them & they are sexy !! As a plus, all new TSC prototype parts will probably be interchangeable with GSG parts, e.g. frame, slide, mag etc.

I guess they will spread the news when they are ready.