Thread: AA pro Elite ?

AA pro Elite ?

I have a 1997 .177 Vglide AA pro elite (have the paperwork too) Is it a "collectable" or should I put it in the normal sales section?
    Last edited by poison dwarf; 21-05-2011 at 09:16 PM. Reason: forgot calibre

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by poison dwarf View Post
    I have a 1997 .177 Vglide AA pro elite (have the paperwork too) Is it a "collectable" or should I put it in the normal sales section?
    Very VERY collectable ... Run a valuation thread in here first however, then run a sales thread, rather than risk selling it too cheap . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Many thanks for that GWB. I will take some pics and do just that

pro elite

Yes mate very collectable especially in .177,it would be the icing on the cake if it has a walnut stock.
    Value wise i would say £450 (give or take £25)if in excellent condition.
    ATB
    Steve

pro elite

yes collectable but in my view aa missed a trick not dressing it in the prosport stock which i believe far superior and pleasing to the eye to the angular lines of the proelite stock. Also let it not be forgotten that ken turner originally designed it for the american market. Firing cycle sluggish at 12ftlb. Also why im thinking of it why wasnt this rifle supplied in carbine form, anyone know? I spoke to terry robb some years ago who said he'd had several come back with stripped piston seals

Quote Originally Posted by Mattatack View Post
    Firing cycle sluggish at 12ftlb. I spoke to terry robb some years ago who said he'd had several come back with stripped piston seals
    True on both counts, in fact some tuners short stroke these guns.

TBH lugging all that weight around for a 12 ft/lb gun does not make much sense, mine is running around 20-ish and it's great at that level, accurate as a wots-it.

Mine also lost it's seal, a new one is now glued in place, fingers crossed. It's actually not a big deal when this happens, so much so that you don't realise anything is untoward before you realise that the pellet did not reach it's target, you open the breech to reload, and find that it's still there.

Steve Pope told me that they used to mod the piston to take an HW80 seal. This is thicker and in effect reduces the stroke a tad too, unfortunately if you have a full power one it reduces the swept volume a little too.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS