Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Makarov

About four years ago I got a new mak as I liked the look of it but I found the trigger pull was to heavy for me at the time and I got fed up with pulling the hammer back every time so I sold it on. it was only later that I realised by looking at the size of the dents in the metal pellet trap how powerful that thing was it was not a flimsy thing the trap but the back had quite a big bow in it using steel bbs and it was not that many ether as it not much fun to shoot. A couple of years later I got hold of a second hand one but it was nowhere near as good as my first one so in time that one went as well. I still do not now why the first one was so good perhaps the hammer spring was stronger than usual it was hard work to shoot it. One thing that I have never liked about them is the way they blued the frame but only on one side was machined the other side is not rough but not as nice as the other side. my two were like that and I have seen pics of other ones and I think the 9mm version is nice on both sides no doubt some of you will have ones that are machined on both sides just to be awkward I can only say what I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by mashed104 View Post
    I dont think the VCR Act Matters if your ordering your parts from another Country ie ( Germany ) ,

Could be wrong but im sure you can order and have them sent straight to you i think its just if your wanting a barrel or silencer from a uk retialer it has to be face 2 face ....

ATB Aidy ..
    Hi Aidy,

I wouldn't want to fall foul of 'teh law'.
    Surely if you have to buy something f2f in the Uk it's going to be against the law to buy it from the EU by post?

ATB Gene

What about grips?
    I notice there are plenty of cheap Makarov grips on .com.
    Would they be fine to come through the post or would the description of 'pistol grips' make customs panic?
    ATB
    Gene

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantia View Post
    Hi Aidy,

I wouldn't want to fall foul of 'teh law'.
    Surely if you have to buy something f2f in the Uk it's going to be against the law to buy it from the EU by post?

ATB Gene
    I think its a peculiarity of the law. I've bought air guns from America and had stuff delivered direct to the door, with never the sniff of a RFD, so its probably the same with EU countries.

On the other hand, if you want to import a airsoft, you can't - unless you paint it a bright colour

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by jassi View Post
    I think its a peculiarity of the law. I've bought air guns from America and had stuff delivered direct to the door, with never the sniff of a RFD, so its probably the same with EU countries.

On the other hand, if you want to import a airsoft, you can't - unless you paint it a bright colour

Ian
    Hmmm, thats pretty weird. LOL!

Hey Baz,

Hows the car? Did you get it back?
    The recon seems to have worked on mine, but I'm £937 lighter

Best
    Gene

Know what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by beagle2 View Post
    About four years ago I got a new mak as I liked the look of it but I found the trigger pull was to heavy for me at the time and I got fed up with pulling the hammer back every time so I sold it on. it was only later that I realised by looking at the size of the dents in the metal pellet trap how powerful that thing was it was not a flimsy thing the trap but the back had quite a big bow in it using steel bbs and it was not that many ether as it not much fun to shoot. A couple of years later I got hold of a second hand one but it was nowhere near as good as my first one so in time that one went as well. I still do not now why the first one was so good perhaps the hammer spring was stronger than usual it was hard work to shoot it. One thing that I have never liked about them is the way they blued the frame but only on one side was machined the other side is not rough but not as nice as the other side. my two were like that and I have seen pics of other ones and I think the 9mm version is nice on both sides no doubt some of you will have ones that are machined on both sides just to be awkward I can only say what I have seen.
    Mine is not blued in whole frame, that would have looked better and the same as the PMM. I think some do have it though but it's a different edition. If you look at official site the blued frame and soviet grips go together, I've also seen one on sale on egun in that configuration too.

Have a look at this for the various versions.
    http://imzcorp.com/en/company/122.html

Regards
    Baz

Blimey!

Hey Baz,

Hows the car? Did you get it back?
    The recon seems to have worked on mine, but I'm £937 lighter

Best
    Gene
    Bad news, nearly as bad as mine. I was hoping you had got away with a lower cost

Picked mine up yesterday, running like a dreams and well valleted.

Always hurts when nothing tangible though for the money. Could have bought loads of good stuff, but gotta have the car.

ATB
    Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Bazmati2020 View Post
    Bad news, nearly as bad as mine. I was hoping you had got away with a lower cost

Picked mine up yesterday, running like a dreams and well valleted.

Always hurts when nothing tangible though for the money. Could have bought loads of good stuff, but gotta have the car.

ATB
    Baz
    Cheers mate. TBH it was driving it with the new box that made me realise just how bad it's been and for how long.
    I'm gutted about the money, but soooooo relieved to have it back! lol

Pleased to hear your's is AOK mate! You know how god it feels to get them back?
    What was really worrying me was spending the money and it not curing the problems.

Anyway, back to Makarovs. I was looking longingly at the rus military site again and wondered if there are alternatives to that silencer easily available?
    The Barrel not too bad, but you'd want a thread cover, but the silencer....... is it even steel on the outside or ABS?

Best
    Gene
    Last edited by Atlantia; 19-04-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Good points

Cheers mate. TBH it was driving it with the new box that made me realise just how bad it's been and for how long.
    I'm gutted about the money, but soooooo relieved to have it back! lol

Pleased to hear your's is AOK mate! You know how god it feels to get them back?
    What was really worrying me was spending the money and it not curing the problems.

Anyway, back to Makarovs. I was looking longingly at the rus military site again and wondered if there are alternatives to that silencer easily available?
    The Barrel not too bad, but you'd want a thread cover, but the silencer....... is it even steel on the outside or ABS?

Best
    Gene
    Good points on silencer, I didn't like extended barrel sticking out. I found a YouTube where guy had it threaded by a gunsmith. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Xp8...e_gdata_player

It's looks metal in the Rus military site to me, they can be emailed. I mailed before I bought my mak to ask some questions and they were fine.

I found this link that shows how to remove barrel which although simpler (Sellotape!) seems safer than breech jumping out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icOF4...e_gdata_player.

I wonder what a smith might charge to make a female thread on standard length barrel so no need for it to poke out. Perhaps something I might find out when funds allow.

It is a relief to have the car back

ATB
    Baz