Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Makarov

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by jassi View Post
    The recoil spring doesn't serve any useful purpose, merely being a hangover from the real pistol.
    Actually its a lot stronger than the live firing pistol - no idea why....

Quote Originally Posted by Bazmati2020 View Post
    Gene

Still loving it, I've had a second shooting session. Did find 10 Lead BB seems to work best (had 2 jams when did try more) be interesting to see how the H&N's are, so will get some.

Thought you might like a pic of out of box & also today's shooting.

http://instagr.am/p/JXcLkfkQti/

All the best

Baz

Good groups mate! Would the longer barrel and silencer make any change to the power?
    I'm a way off from getting one now as that car is going to be £900 for a recon box fitted and I need the tracking done and a belt changing as well as the tax being due end of april.

I'm seriously jealous of yours!
    Whats next to buy for it?
    I think I'd fancy the red bakelite soviet grips first.

Cool Slide & mag

Quote Originally Posted by glmaybe View Post
    I have a 2000 model does the newer mags give more power? also mine is nickel plated are they more desireable than the blue ones?
    Hi, I've not seen it gives anymore power. What I have read is that early mags have smaller hole for BB's so tend to jam more on lead BB (which are slightly bigger) so quite a few make the hole a little bigger. However the build quality is supposed to be even better (my 2011 is solid as a rock).

Nickel definitely less out there for sale, but I guess in the eye of the beholder.

Enjoy it's a great pistol

Baz

Grips

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantia View Post
    Good groups mate! Would the longer barrel and silencer make any change to the power?
    I'm a way off from getting one now as that car is going to be £900 for a recon box fitted and I need the tracking done and a belt changing as well as the tax being due end of april.

I'm seriously jealous of yours!
    Whats next to buy for it?
    I think I'd fancy the red bakelite soviet grips first.

Not sure, I would hope longer barrel would improve in some way & I've seen some longer barrels for accuracy for sale on egun.
    I've just bought improved barrel seal, valve seal & concealed mag screw from egun (£18 delivered from Germany). Which is supposed to help power & accuracy.
    I do fancy the grips, seems only sites are again in Germany but €39+delivery a bit steep so hanging on for a bit on them.

Seem car trouble is catching, mines gone wrong with engine light on and won't go above 60 and total loss of power :-(

Baz
    Last edited by Bazmati2020; 14-04-2012 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Spelling

Not sure, I would hope longer barrel would improve in some way & I've seen some longer barrels for accuracy for sale on egun.
    I've just bought improved barrel seal, valve seal & concealed mag screw from egun (£18 delivered from Germany). Which is supposed to help power & accuracy.
    I do fancy the grips, seems only sites are again in Germany but €39+delivery a bit steep so hanging on for a bit on them.

Seem car trouble is catching, mines gone wrong with engine light on and won't go above 60 and total loss of power :-(

Baz
    Hi Baz,

Sorry to hear about your car trouble. What do you think, engine management system?

Where is the 'line' for online and F2F with airguns? Can you order barrels and silencers and other bits by mail or do they have to go to a dealer too?

Best
    Gene

Hi Baz,

Sorry to hear about your car trouble. What do you think, engine management system?

Where is the 'line' for online and F2F with airguns? Can you order barrels and silencers and other bits by mail or do they have to go to a dealer too?

Best
    Gene
    I think so. In Monday so hope it's cheap (cheap and car don't go together!)

Accessories are fine to post I believe (pellets. cO2 etc is, so sure silencer is too or barrel as a component)

Baz

I think so. In Monday so hope it's cheap (cheap and car don't go together!)

Accessories are fine to post I believe (pellets. cO2 etc is, so sure silencer is too or barrel as a component)

Baz
    Well, the engine temperature sensor went on my Ibiza and it ran like a pig without it, would barely start when the engine was warm, coughed and spluttered... all because the management system couln't guage the temperature. £30 fixed it.
    So hopeuflly it'll just be a sensor or something.

ATB
    Gene

Hi Baz,

Can you order barrels and silencers and other bits by mail or do they have to go to a dealer too?

Best
    Gene
    If you're ordering from an online shop you'll have to go through a dealer for both barrels and silencers.
    Whatever doesn't kill you, is going to leave a scar... A Crip With A Gun!
    S400F Superlite Carbine - XL Tactical - 280k - 2250b - Striker 1000X - IZH MP-61 - Webley Bert - 2240 - C40 - El Gamo Centre - Walther CP88 - Sig Sauer GSR - Makarov MP-654

Quote Originally Posted by TonyHolden View Post
    If you're ordering from an online shop you'll have to go through a dealer for both barrels and silencers.
    Ah, ok cheers mate.
    What isn't covered and can go by post?

To be honest an online shop should tell you each item that you can't buy unless face to face. If you look at Barrels on the GMAC website (4th and 5th items down on this page) there is a VCR notice, same with silencers on the Blackpool Air Rifles site. I haven't seen any other items with these notices, other than complete guns obviously...
    S400F Superlite Carbine - XL Tactical - 280k - 2250b - Striker 1000X - IZH MP-61 - Webley Bert - 2240 - C40 - El Gamo Centre - Walther CP88 - Sig Sauer GSR - Makarov MP-654

Quote Originally Posted by TonyHolden View Post
    I dont think the VCR Act Matters if your ordering your parts from another Country ie ( Germany ) ,

Could be wrong but im sure you can order and have them sent straight to you i think its just if your wanting a barrel or silencer from a uk retialer it has to be face 2 face ....

ATB Aidy ..
    AirgunBBS.com

Quote Originally Posted by mashed104 View Post
    I dont think the VCR Act Matters if your ordering your parts from another Country ie ( Germany ) ,

Could be wrong but im sure you can order and have them sent straight to you i think its just if your wanting a barrel or silencer from a uk retialer it has to be face 2 face ....

ATB Aidy ..
    Yeah, keep forgetting about buying from the EU.

Bad news

Well, the engine temperature sensor went on my Ibiza and it ran like a pig without it, would barely start when the engine was warm, coughed and spluttered... all because the management system couln't guage the temperature. £30 fixed it.
    So hopeuflly it'll just be a sensor or something.

ATB
    Gene
    Afraid it was bad. ERG valve & manifold gasket, cost of those plus the service would have bought me about 8 Makarovs :-(. Glad I got when I did as wouldn't be for a while.

S*** happens I guess

Baz

Afraid it was bad. ERG valve & manifold gasket, cost of those plus the service would have bought me about 8 Makarovs :-(. Glad I got when I did as wouldn't be for a while.

S*** happens I guess

Baz
    Hi Baz,

Really sorry to hear that mate.
    My recon box should be arriving tomorrow and be fitted on thursday. Gotta hope the disintegration of the other one hasn't caused any extra damage as my finances can't take much more of a hit.
    How long is yours going to be off the road?
    It's been since easter staurday for me. I'm so sick of public transport.
    ATB
    Gene

Hi Baz,

Really sorry to hear that mate.
    My recon box should be arriving tomorrow and be fitted on thursday. Gotta hope the disintegration of the other one hasn't caused any extra damage as my finances can't take much more of a hit.
    How long is yours going to be off the road?
    It's been since easter staurday for me. I'm so sick of public transport.
    ATB
    Gene
    Hope all goes well.
    I've been without since Wednesday, hoping it may be ready today......