Thread: Theoben identification please?

Theoben identification please?

I'm posting these pics on behalf of BBS member gasram, who would like to know the model of this Theoben.

Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Pic 3
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Sirroco maybe ?

"B'rider"
    “An airgun or two”………

Sirroco HV.
    Old model detals of which is on the theoben web site

http://www.theoben.co.uk/files/ba_hv.pdf

That's the one! Thanks for the link jackg, any idea of it's value? It's on FAC, and in mint condition, apart from one or two minor blemishes on the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by gasram View Post
    That's the one! Thanks for the link jackg, any idea of it's value? It's on FAC, and in mint condition, apart from one or two minor blemishes on the stock.
    It certainly is a Scirocco, but one of the earlier ones - note the different trigger, stock, etc.

The problem with the value is that this gun is on FAC. I have seen Eliminators in mint condition or near, hover around the 200/250 quid mark, sometimes for quite a while. I bought mine for 250, because I was in a bit of a rush

Some may reason that if you are going FAC may as well go all the way and opt for an Eli.

I must say that yours has very beautiful woodwork and the Sciroccos have very elegant lines, TBH I am/was interested but re-reading and seeing the "FAC" bit means I can't get it out of the country without a lot of paperwork / hassle / or added cost (around 200 quid!) so that really put a dampener on things.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Lovely rifle and an early rifle which people consider the better built. Dreamy wood but as a FAC then bite the hand off anyone offering any real money £100. Its worth a lot more but there just isn't any market for them due to our licensing system.

With limited slots for FAC then there are other more up to date rifles to fill them.

you could see if you can get it taken off F.A.C. apparently some police forces let you do it.
    i think i remember seeing a thread in the general airgun section about it, so it might be worth doing a search there
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404