Thread: was it worth it ?

was it worth it ?

a mate has just got hold of an old diana 27 break barrell the bluing has long left home but the stock is in good nick and its all in full working order the seriel number is 1220 and he paid £70 for it
    how does it work? i don`t know but it does

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    I always say that if you are happy with what you have paid, the price does not really matter!
    You can get them reblued for around £60+ if it's that bad!

Airsporterman

was it worth it

If he paid £70 for it then he must have thought so or he wouldn`t have bought it.
    So , as Airsporterman says.
    pete

Hi,

£70.00 is not a bad price,it is however in the eye of the beholder..His want meter obviously went into overdrive..Look on the bright side...They are not making any more of them ever....!!!!

Regard's

Inproved

Quote Originally Posted by inproved View Post
    Hi,

£70.00 is not a bad price,it is however in the eye of the beholder..His want meter obviously went into overdrive..Look on the bright side...They are not making any more of them ever....!!!!

Regard's

Inproved
    yes thats a fair point not many left now and it is a lovely old rifle i think it was a reactive buy. he saw it and paid what the guy wanted for it. who does a good rebluing service?

Hi,

I see you are in Worcester so presume your mate is near...There is someone near Walsall don't know who..Sandwell must know as I am sure DAI do as well ...Steve Pope works out of DAI so he could try there for a Quote, I am sure he does his own,mention when he has it done, that he wants....the witness marks from original manufacture left on the rifle,I would .....It would be a shame to put a real good polish so that it looked like a piece of Black Plastic,,no need for a Best Shotgun finish on an Air-Rifle it would look out of place......

Regard's

Inproved

cheers for that i will pass it on

Quote Originally Posted by bangers View Post
    a mate has just got hold of an old diana 27 break barrell the bluing has long left home but the stock is in good nick and its all in full working order the seriel number is 1220 and he paid £70 for it
    Hi, I had for sale a year or 2, Back an Original 27 , £70 posted , No takers,Etc.
    The Original with Ball bearing trigger is twice the gun the Diana is !!!
    The Originals ( Of any number ) Are far better guns , Just My opinion !
    Ged.